Random Tomfoolery

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Are those the Monoprice stands? I just bought three, but I think they only hold 5 guitars per stand. And I will need more. :sneaky:
No, my stands are ProLine from Guitar Center. I bought my first one probably 7 or 8 years ago and was very happy with it. I bought two more about 2 years ago and while they are the same part number as the original ones, they are a completely different design and not nearly as well built as the first one. The frame welds are in different places. The construction doesn't feel as solid. The two bottom slats that the guitars rest on are over an inch closer together than on the original and my guitars didn't want to "seat" properly with the neck against the top rail. The slats weren't welded, so I removed the original screws and re-drilled in a different location so they matched the original ones. These each hold 7 guitars.

If you like the Monoprice stands get more from them. They are less than half as expensive and look like they are better built than the ones from GC. The only downside on the Monoprice one is that it doesn't appear to be available in a 7 guitar rack.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
No, my stands are ProLine from Guitar Center. I bought my first one probably 7 or 8 years ago and was very happy with it. I bought two more about 2 years ago and while they are the same part number as the original ones, they are a completely different design and not nearly as well built as the first one. The frame welds are in different places. The construction doesn't feel as solid. The two bottom slats that the guitars rest on are over an inch closer together than on the original and my guitars didn't want to "seat" properly with the neck against the top rail. The slats weren't welded, so I removed the original screws and re-drilled in a different location so they matched the original ones. These each hold 7 guitars.

If you like the Monoprice stands get more from them. They are less than half as expensive and look like they are better built than the ones from GC. The only downside on the Monoprice one is that it doesn't appear to be available in a 7 guitar rack.
They seem well built with pretty heavy metal tubing and thick foam padding. Some assembly required and it helps to have a second person to help. The brand on the box is "Stage Right". The 5 guitar version was $35. Shipped from CA in 1 or 2 days.

Monoprice stand

Jack

Blues Junior
Inspired by Boysie :Beer:

SVaexHz.jpg