R.I.P. Chuck

JN99

Hang Fire
Just saw this on fb - Pete's post. Very sad to lose one of our blues brothers and kind of a shock really. RIP Chuck... And for those of us still here remember, life is short, make it sweet.

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
A special thanks to Griff and Laura Hamlin who reached out from Blues Guitar Unleashed and played guitar for him over speakerphone during hospice.

This just may be the saddest thing I have ever read but at the same time the most wonderful.

Sorry to say I never met the man but like others here I felt like I knew him just from this forum.

RIP

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
RIP Chuck. I never had the pleasure of meeting Chuck but just reading all of the great stories and memories everyone has shared here tells those of us that never met him what a great guy he truly was. These kind of tributes are what we all hope we are worthy of after we are gone!

FrankL

Mr. Bites Off More Than I Can Chew
The fight is over and now he can rest easy. I’m relieved for him but extremely sad for all who survive him. I only wish I knew him better than I did. But what I know is that his heart was bigger than his smile and his love for what brought us all together will be sorely missed. He was always willing to help anyone anytime. The world (and BGU) has lost one helluva generous soul.

CVTOT

Blues Newbie
Very sad, Chuck was one of a kind. I attended Lake Arrowhead 2017 and the first time I went into the gathering room I definitely looked like a deer in the headlight's. Chuck saw that immediately, came over and introduced himself, calmed me down, and let me know it was going to be okay. I'll never forget that kindness and reassurance in his voice. Thanks Chuck and R.I.P.