Question for the experienced

Blues_Dude

Love Dem N'Awlins Blues
What were the first songs you started playing while going thru the BGU course? What rythem lessons and or solos did you use to play your first songs?

sloslunas

NM Blues
Craig I don't really remember that far back. I do know that the goal was to keep everything simple. Good luck on your adventure, and most importantly have fun...

Steve

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
I probably use lesson 6 (tore down rhythm) and lesson 8 (blues in E) every time I get up at a jam. Tore Down, Sweet Home Chicago, Before You Accuse me, and many others. This in conjunction with the little chords will get you a long way. Have fun on your journey!

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
I was playing parts of many songs as I went(go) through BGU. The songs are the ones that the lessons brought to mind that had the same or similar sounds. Some that I can remember are La Grange, Tore Down, Mary Had A Little Lamb, Cold Shot, Mannish Boy, Killing Floor, Memphis Tennessee, Empty Arms and a bunch of Credence Clearwater Revival songs. All the exploring started with familiar sounds I heard in the lessons. Try it. I think you'll like it. I found that the BGU lessons provided enough insight into technique and construction to allow me to go off on frequent detours with songs I know.

52 Rhythm Fills and Variations is also a great course to take detours from. Lots of familiar techniques and constructions in that course.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I had been playing already mostly rhythm and wanted to get more into lead guitar and the blues, so it was a good fit for me!

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
When I first joined BGU, I refused to appreciate the power of counting out a solo piece I wanted to
play. 5EBS, #2 changed that for me.