Put a face to the name (Post Pics Here)

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
What I did before taking up guitar.  Guitar is a lot cheaper!!! ;D ::)

Ron_and_Whiskey.jpg

Roo.jpg

ByronBradleyByrd

Blues Newbie
Years after first joining the Blues Guitar course and community I registered for this forum and then forgot how to find it, get in, and participate.  Thanks to Griff's clear and generous re-sale (7-20-15) I found my way back and am trying to learn how to use this. 

At almost 70 I yearn to go past being an "appreciator" of things musical, like the blues, to being a "contributor."  I've got my favorite choppy jams and riffs but remain hazy on structure, using minor over major (or is it the other way?), and want to write. 

I'm also intrigued with simplified classics, like Chopin, and playing them on the guitar.  Deciphered, these guys were playing the blues (etc.) back then, only using just the right notes and adding in lots of diminished and other anguished harmonies at just the right places. 

I admire Griff Hamlin's friendly, clear, and generous lessons.  He has the knack of explaining without talking down.  Because I don't make much money, I appreciate his deals. 

Tried to post my picture; probably didn't work.  I am far more intimidated by computer functions and zip files than I am at public performance.  My anxiety and mistakes take over, so I like it that Griff tries to make it simple. 

Also, I'm working with an old looper and hope to post some song starts on this forum when i figure out how. 

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Bryan, welcome. Or actually, welcome back.  No your picture did not come through.  Other than your avatar, if that's what you mean.

I am very close to your age.  67 and 1 day.  I am just trying to learn guitar in retirement.  It sounds like you have a lot better comprehension of theory than I.  Good luck to you.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Your doing just fine now Byron so we hope to hear a bit more about how your getting on.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jimsig

Me at BGU-Live 2016 in Sumner, WA on 5-13-2016
jimsig - from Teaneck, NJ - just about 4 miles from NYC.

I’m the guy in the white shirt in the middle.

600_423334022.jpg

Fingerlick

The Thrill is Gone
Welcome Byron. Don't lose your way this time as there are loads of good things on the forum. Also loads of knowlegable people willing and even eager to share their knowledge with you. Ask a question, you will get 25-50 responses. There is considerable humor too. Do be careful though Byron as these people not only share their vast knowlege, they are all infected with G.A,S. and they will share that with you too. Lol
Welcome, my friend.
Dale

jimsig

Welcome Byron!! I’m so glad you found your way back into here. It’s a fabulous place, filled with incredible talent and knowledge - and everyone is so friendly and more than willing to share! If you haven’t already, go to the area of the forums called “introduce yourself” (I think that’s what it’s called - it’s one of the first topics in the list of forums. And I’m 63 - very close now to 64, and it seems many of the members seem to be between 50 - 70. I am also retired - not because I have a lot of money, but because I am on full disability due to a serious back (spinal) problem that made it impossible to sit in a cube (as a software engineer for 30 years) any longer. Have FUN here and ENJOY!!(y)

You’re NEVER too old (or young) for the Blues!! :D

Jim

jimsig

Oops, I mean fluorescent...............

mtman,

I was wondering what flouriest meant (googled it even) but I figured it was just a word I didn’t know, so no problem! The feelings were still there! (y)

Fingerlick

The Thrill is Gone
Pretty good pic though d949. The only pic I have of myself and my guitar was taken back in 1972 with my Strat. Don't even have a pic of the band I played lead guitar in. Im not sure how to post a pick here either but I think they have to be downsized to post but I don't know how to do it. Someone who does will jump in and let you know. Or contact MikeS. He's a moderator and can give you the info. He really good and a great blues player. Glad you're here.
Dale

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
I've met quite a few people here at various jams, but here's a pic of me from about a year ago - my hair is longer now! :)

Kevin

Attachments

• kestrou.jpg
    kestrou.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 35