PRS Archon 25 watt combo

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
After I purchased my ( totally favorite ) amp the PRS MT 15 I was thinking it would be nice to have an all tube PRS combo. I use the MT 15 going into a Mesa cab and its awesome.

Anyhow back to the PRS Archon series. It is also a 2 channel amp all tube. The Archons are I believe USA made ( versus the MT series ) and come in fairly pricey yeah they are in custom tube amp price range. 100/50/25 watt combos the 25 watt has a Celestion GT 75 speaker.

I never really did a lot with the Archon was going to take it along with me to Kalamazoo but that never happened. So I tried it a couple of times and using settings copied from the MT 15 it just did not sound nearly as good to me especially the gain/lead channel.

Well foolish me I just needed to treat it as its own amp and fiddle around some more with it. Separate gain and master volumes on clean and lead channels bass/mid/treble ( plus a bright switch ) it sounds phenomenal and can be dialed around for almost any genre. Like the MT 15 I am using for practice a Bugera Sound Soak attentuator to allow the tubes to make noise then cut the volume to keep wife happy ish.

The Archon line is not very old timeline wise but looks like it is being no longer actively manufactured by PRS ( rumor is MT 100 soon ). There are some really nice bargains now if you can find them at GC and the usual suspects. I have seen some of the Archon 25 and even 50 watt combos dip into the 900 dollar range ...
IMG_5568.jpg

Instead of throwing out one of the usual amp reviewers this is ( guitar animal ? ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNLoRCokz0Y

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Looks like a nice amp but.................
I had a hard time focusing on the amp, cause I was looking out the window.
This guy must be do'n aright with his guitar stuff, he's got some pretty fancy digs there.