DAW Presonus Studio One AR8 Driver?

Discussion in 'Recording Tips and Tricks' started by MikeS, Oct 5, 2020.

1. MikeS

MikeS Allen, TX
    Staff Member

I started having trouble getting my PC to recognize all the channels on my AR8.
    I looked at the Audio I/O setup and It looks like it's somehow become set up for a 2 channel interface instead of my AR8.
    What could have caused this and how can I fix it?

2020-10-05_09-32-34.png

2. PapaRaptor

PapaRaptor The Central Scrutinizer
    Staff Member

From the screen where you snapped this...
    At the bottom, click the Options button.
    You should see this screen. Click on the drop down next to Audio Device and it will show you every device that your computer sees. Your AR8 should be one of them. Select it and then click Apply and OK at the bottom.
    AudioDevices.jpg
    The other items you see on my screen page all have drivers installed, but not all are currently connected to my PC. You should see the AR8 even if it isn't powered up.

Elwood likes this.
  3. MikeS

MikeS Allen, TX
    Staff Member

Thanks Lloyd! I don't know how, but I must have hit that button and selected ASIO while sleep walking or something.

PapaRaptor likes this.
  4. Elwood

Elwood "Skinny"

This is a good thing to remember. (y) This morning I had no playback audio from S1, everything else in my system was working normally. I finally checked this config screen and saw that I also had reverted to the default ASIO driver. I have no idea how that happened but it was an easy fix once I found it.

MikeS likes this.