NPD

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
I decided to upgrade my pedalboard with a few new additions.

- A tuner (never had one before)
- A graphic EQ
- An overdrive
- A Wah ('cause I think it's cool to have one and I think it'll be fun).

The Tuner is your basic Polytune (Polytune 3 actually).
The cool thing (to me, anyway) is that it can show the tuning of all the strings at once by strumming them all together (I never knew a tuner could do that).

The EQ is a ten-band with separate volume and gain controls from MXR. I have to get used to using it but the thing I noticed right away is that it's very sensitive. The slightest movement of a slide creates a noticeable difference in sound. One thing that surprised me is how well it works with my BD-2. I hardly ever use that pedal because it often seems too "dark", but tied in with the EQ, it sounds a lot more "alive" and it seems to have more depth.

The Overdrive is a Westwood transparent overdrive from Earthquaker.
After fiddling with it for a while I get why they call it transparent. It adds some grit and / or boost without coloring the sound unless I want to color it. It has separate bass and treble controls and they work quite well and I can even deeply scoop the mids if I want. With the drive backed off, it makes a great clean boost pedal that can add tons of volume without altering the overall sound. Nice pedal!

And lastly there's the Wah.
I have no real reason for getting it other than I always wanted one to fool around with.
It's your basic Cry Baby by Dunlop. No frills, no bells or whistles, it's just the original Wah from the sixties.
It's a bit tricky at first, but it's very intuitive and a lot of fun!

Here's the updated setup:
PB1119.jpg

Oh and I'd like to put in a plug for EBS Deluxe Flat Patch cables.
Found them at Sweetwater and I love them!
Compared to standard right-angled patch cables, they cut the distance between pedals in half.
My board is a Pedaltrain Classic Jr. and I would never have been able to fit all of these pedals on that board without those Flat Patch cables.

Here's a link if you're interested:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...NJrOJpNNao8-g0nK4oIaAl0zEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Nice rig. The singer in our band would have me use the wah all the time. I have found that you can just use it as a tone shaper without "pumping" it. :rolleyes:

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
I bought probably the same wah a couple of years ago, Dunlop Crybaby Classic. It took me a while but I have started using it on a couple of tunes at gigs.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
How is that joyo d seed working out for you? I've been tempted to buy one at times.

I like it.
It can delay up to 600 ms, it can reverse echo, it has tap tempo (which I have never used) and a few other things.

All in all I think it's a good unit, especially for the price.