Nice Airplane (Poulin)

Elwood

Blues
We can blame @WimVD for starting the Christmas tune thing (a fine one).

Sitting around with mini this morning. part of the progression has been in my "chord noodling" list for a while, as you hear that does not keep me from tripping over my fingers. I just put this together, but I'm afraid to get rid of all the bugs it will be a Halloween song.

To the season!!!

dl://www.dropbox.com/s/bdu3a00yi740xzi/nice%20airplane.mp3.mp3?dl=0

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Cool!
Always a good message in your songs.
:)
When it sarted, I thought it sounded like EC playing "Tears In Heaven".
Well done.

Elwood

Blues
Ha! Or should I say "Ho Ho Ho!!!"

Never had EC in my mind but flattering none the less. This is the first thing I made up since that thing about Papa's dog running off on his b-day (I think). Maybe I just do b-day songs?

At least this was the best version of this tune you ever heard :rolleyes:. Thanks Cap'n! :Beer:

Elwood

Blues
Thanks Wim & BCB! Funny, Moto got a hint of EC, you maybe Prine. I was kinda thinking like a Norwegian Reggae, with an odd bridge. A local favorite, Stan Boreson (RIP) used to do Christmas breakfast shows, he always had some Norwegian humor (he was entitled) with lyrics that poked fun at some of the hustle and bustle. I wanted that Reggae type back beat on the rhythm, that's what I wanted :whistle:. Fun though, never made up my own Christmas tune before.

Elwood

Blues
Thanks MM! I tried to take your advise and not worry so much and just play the song. It felt better anyway.

Man, look at all you guys, Moto, BCB,BigMike, you...you guys all make amazing recordings of beautiful music, each in your own way. It's great to be able to "rub elbows" with all you guys here and just keep hoping some will rub off.