Electric Guitars NGD...

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
What??? I swore that there would not be any new guitars this year:whistle::whistle::whistle:. I lied:Beer:. I have been looking for a "tele style" guitar for awhile. Thought about the TE200 from ESP/LTD but when I tried one out at the guitar store, it just didn't feel good. I then came across the Chapman ML3 Pro Modern. Read a lot of good reviews along with the Chapman haters. Checked one out and was impressed but didn't pull the trigger at the time. I finally decided to order it online and it arrived yesterday. My thoughts:

Out of the box, it was setup terribly. The A string rattled and the high E string was dead when fretted from the 1 - 4 fret. Action was extremely low. I raised the strings some but could not get the high E string to ring clear. Figured I would try adjusting the truss rod a little bit. A few 1/4 turns counter-clockwise did the trick. Everything was playing beautifully now. This guitar plays so easily and after one day, sounds great. Pretty much what I was after, mind you this is no Tele. The Chapman buckers will absolutely rock but I am also able to get some great clean tones out of them too. After one day, the Chapman is in serious consideration for making the trip to the NE Jam next month.

For the life of me, I cannot get this photo yo upload correctly. I was not laying on my side when I took the picture:LOL:. I thought if I rotate the picture before I upload it, it may correct itself. Wrong!!! It just lays the other way then. So, I have given up trying to get the picture correct. You will just have to turn your screen on its side.

Chapman1.JPG

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Nice! I've wondered how those guitars play. Griff's student, Diego got one recently and in his hands it's a shred monster. I'm curious to see your long term impressions of it.
When I got the urge for an Explorer, I was considering one of the Chapman Ghost Frets.
It certainly won't replace your PRS, but I hope you like it a lot!
good-job-smiley-emoticon.gif

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
What??? I swore that there would not be any new guitars this year:whistle::whistle::whistle:. I lied:Beer:. I have been looking for a "tele style" guitar for awhile. Thought about the TE200 from ESP/LTD but when I tried one out at the guitar store, it just didn't feel good. I then came across the Chapman ML3 Pro Modern. Read a lot of good reviews along with the Chapman haters. Checked one out and was impressed but didn't pull the trigger at the time. I finally decided to order it online and it arrived yesterday. My thoughts:

Out of the box, it was setup terribly. The A string rattled and the high E string was dead when fretted from the 1 - 4 fret. Action was extremely low. I raised the strings some but could not get the high E string to ring clear. Figured I would try adjusting the truss rod a little bit. A few 1/4 turns counter-clockwise did the trick. Everything was playing beautifully now. This guitar plays so easily and after one day, sounds great. Pretty much what I was after, mind you this is no Tele. The Chapman buckers will absolutely rock but I am also able to get some great clean tones out of them too. After one day, the Chapman is in serious consideration for making the trip to the NE Jam next month.

For the life of me, I cannot get this photo yo upload correctly. I was not laying on my side when I took the picture:LOL:. I thought if I rotate the picture before I upload it, it may correct itself. Wrong!!! It just lays the other way then. So, I have given up trying to get the picture correct. You will just have to turn your screen on its side.

View attachment 8805
Very nice Brian. Good luck with it. No reason it can’t make the trip to Lake George to keep the PRS company for the ride .

Cleotis

Boiled Eggs Rock
Nice! Yours probably has stainless steel frets, no? Chapman makes sure his guitars are pretty top-notch in terms of specs.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Nice! Yours probably has stainless steel frets, no? Chapman makes sure his guitars are pretty top-notch in terms of specs.

Yes stainless steel frets. Here are the specs.

42MM GRAPH TECH BLACK TUSQ XL NUT
DUAL ACTION TRUSS ROD
MAHOGANY SET-THROUGH NECK WITH SATIN FINISH
C SHAPE NECK PROFILE
INDIAN EBONY FRETBOARD WITH ROLLED EDGES
648MM (~25.5") SCALE LENGTH
24 JUMBO STAINLESS STEEL FRETS
GLOW-IN-THE-DARK SIDE DOTS
12TH FRET PEARL INFINITY INLAY
ERNIE BALL REGULAR SLINKY NICKEL WOUND, 10-46 STRINGS
CHAPMAN STRING-THROUGH HARDTAIL
MAHOGANY SOLID CARVE TOP, SATIN FINISH
MAHOGANY BODY WITH SATIN FINISH
FRONT LOWER SPOON CUT
REAR TUMMY CUT
REAR LOWER SPOON CUT
REAR HEEL CONTOUR
CHAPMAN STRAP LOCKS
NECK PICKUP: CHAPMAN MADRIGAL HUMBUCKER
BRIDGE PICKUP: CHAPMAN MADRIGAL HUMBUCKER
MASTER VOLUME (500K), MASTER TONE (500K)
5 WAY SUPER SWITCH WITH COIL SPLIT

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
Yes stainless steel frets. Here are the specs.

42MM GRAPH TECH BLACK TUSQ XL NUT
DUAL ACTION TRUSS ROD
MAHOGANY SET-THROUGH NECK WITH SATIN FINISH
C SHAPE NECK PROFILE
INDIAN EBONY FRETBOARD WITH ROLLED EDGES
648MM (~25.5") SCALE LENGTH
24 JUMBO STAINLESS STEEL FRETS
GLOW-IN-THE-DARK SIDE DOTS
12TH FRET PEARL INFINITY INLAY
ERNIE BALL REGULAR SLINKY NICKEL WOUND, 10-46 STRINGS
CHAPMAN STRING-THROUGH HARDTAIL
MAHOGANY SOLID CARVE TOP, SATIN FINISH
MAHOGANY BODY WITH SATIN FINISH
FRONT LOWER SPOON CUT
REAR TUMMY CUT
REAR LOWER SPOON CUT
REAR HEEL CONTOUR
CHAPMAN STRAP LOCKS
NECK PICKUP: CHAPMAN MADRIGAL HUMBUCKER
BRIDGE PICKUP: CHAPMAN MADRIGAL HUMBUCKER
MASTER VOLUME (500K), MASTER TONE (500K)
5 WAY SUPER SWITCH WITH COIL SPLIT

They spent the money on all that but didn’t have enough left over for a working caps lock key? :D