NGD: Gibson, Larry Carlton Signature ES-335

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
C8E7C3C8-F693-40DE-873F-F0E622725DC9.jpeg

I am so ridiculously excited about this guitar. I was looking for an ES-335 for a while. I was being really picky trying to find a really light burst finish similar to Larry Carlton’s. Hoping for bar inlays on the neck, and more modern tuners, but resigned to dots because of cost. The idea of a signature model was out of reach, because they’re not easy to find and relative cost. Anyway, this popped up and the seller worked with me on the price...

And well, it’s landed. She’s beautiful! And she sounds amazing. I’m gonna have to adjust some as the neck is thinner than my PRS, but that’s fine.

Happy Happy!

Slofinger

Blues Junior
Nice. I’ve thought about a ES335 since 1958. I saw Wayne Newton playing one. At the time I had a ES135 3/4 scale Gibson, which looks like an ES175. Something about that thinner body and just the looks, really grabbed ahold of me. I’ve had a couple of copy’s since, but have never pulled the trigger on a Gibson.
Hope you enjoy it and sound like Larry Carlton!

Stinger22

Blues Junior
View attachment 12730

I am so ridiculously excited about this guitar. I was looking for an ES-335 for a while. I was being really picky trying to find a really light burst finish similar to Larry Carlton’s. Hoping for bar inlays on the neck, and more modern tuners, but resigned to dots because of cost. The idea of a signature model was out of reach, because they’re not easy to find and relative cost. Anyway, this popped up and the seller worked with me on the price...

And well, it’s landed. She’s beautiful! And she sounds amazing. I’m gonna have to adjust some as the neck is thinner than my PRS, but that’s fine.

Happy Happy!
I am SO jealous, what pickups do it have?

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Congrats, Zzzen Dog! From where I sit you should be ridiculously excited! Beautiful. Enjoy a long time.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Really beautiful guitar!!!

No wait... 2 really beautiful guitars!!!

No wait 2 really beautiful guitars and a beautiful amp...

Did I miss anything? Yeah

Congrats, It really is a beauty. To find such a beauty and get a good deal is a wonderful thing. I hope you enjoy it forever.