NGD - B&G Little Sister Crossroads

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by Gunrunner, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Gunrunner

Gunrunner Blues and Bird Dogs

I’ve been Jonesing for one of these little beauties for over a year. Passed up a few late last year on eBay, didn’t really have the available funds. As the year wore on they became increasingly scarce, and in late summer I saw a number of dealers advertising them for over list ($1,450), such was the supply and demand. They came up rarely on Reverb and eBay and were sold very quickly; there was a used one on Reverb last month, asking price $1,500; I put in an offer of $1,300 (which admittedly I felt ridiculous for a guitar made in China that should sell new for $1,450, but such is the result of a serious GAS attack)... and didn’t even get the courtesy of a reply. Last week another one showed up on eBay and I watched the auction. As the final minutes were ticking by the high bid was $910. I had pretty much given upon the whole purchase, saying I’ll be damned if I pay $1,200 or more for a used guitar that retails for $1,450 (see, I can come to my senses once in a while, GAS be damned)... but on a whim, I said if I can get this guitar for around $900, I’ll do it... and so in the final 20 seconds I put in a bid of $950, figuring it would go for north of $1,100... and to my dismay I got for $920! Of course then I had to explain to the bride that I just bought another guitar “accidentally on purpose”... but sweet lady that she is, she understood when she heard the whole story. So here’s my Little Sister, as sweet a looking and playing guitar as any in my collection: [​IMG]

piebaldpython, deejaid, arock and 6 others like this.
  2. Gunrunner

Apologies for the Photobucket crap, looks like I need further training on posting images:whistle:

3. Rancid Rumpboogie

Rancid Rumpboogie Blues Mangler

Sometimes accidents happen and you end up getting married. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

TwoNotesSolo and joeblues27 like this.
  4. JN99

JN99 Hang Fire

Nice! Always been intrigued by these starting with the very first ones I saw back before they were available to the masses at a more reasonable price. From what I have seen these are still very nicely built guitars. Happy NGD.

Gunrunner likes this.
  5. PapaBear

PapaBear Guit Fiddlier

Nice looking guitar!

Gunrunner likes this.
  6. Mickey Duane

Mickey Duane Used To Be A Rock Star

Sweet!

Peace

Gunrunner likes this.
  7. CVTOT

CVTOT Blues Newbie

Very sweet

Gunrunner likes this.
  8. straightblues

straightblues Blues Newbie

Nice. Please give us a review once you have played it for awhile.

Gunrunner likes this.
  9. JestMe

JestMe Student Of The Blues

Awesome. I love the look and have been pining for one myself... and P90s!!!

Congratulations. Let me know if you ever want to get rid of it!!!

Gunrunner likes this.
  10. CaptainMoto

CaptainMoto Blues Voyager

Looks delicious :thumbup:

Gunrunner likes this.
  11. Rancid Rumpboogie

From all I can glean from the 'tube, they sound and play amazingly well.

Gunrunner likes this.
  12. Many Moons

Many Moons Biking+Blues=Bliss

Not jealous at all.:whistle: Enjoy.

Gunrunner likes this.
  13. OG_Blues

OG_Blues Guitar Geezer

awesome guitar - the demos I have watched sound fantastic. enjoy the hell out of it!!!

Gunrunner likes this.
  14. artyman

artyman Fareham UK

One of the guys at the local Shadows club has a Little Sister, and it does sound and look nice.

Gunrunner likes this.
  15. jackderby52

jackderby52 Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)

Nice!! been spying those for a bit now... How she sound/Feel??

Gunrunner likes this.
  16. deejaid

deejaid Blues Junior

I’ve wanted one of these for awhile too. That is definitely a bluesman’s guitar.

Enjoy!

Gunrunner likes this.
  17. Gunrunner

Well, having had a few days to play the Little Sister I thought I’d provide a brief report. I can almost sum it up in one word: amazing! The tone is deep and rich, lovely in every regard. I have one other guitar with P90’s, a Les Paul Jr. B-Bender, and the Little Sister blows it away played through my Nace Pro-18 amp. One upgrade recommended by B&G is a solid brass bridge, and I have ordered one; from the B&G website: “The brass bridge weighs 15g more than the standard gold-plated one, and the difference in tone is noticeable both acoustically and electrically. With the brass, there’s a marked increase in sparkling frequencies, note separation, twang and sustain. We also hear more of the acoustic character coming through and the Crossroads touch dynamics improve”. I am eager to get this installed to see improvements over what is already outstanding.

The build quality is flawless. I must confess to being a “Made in USA” bigot. Although I owned an Ibanez (Japan) and a D’Angelico (Korea) in the years of acquisition and swapping, they didn’t stay long... fine guitars for sure, but I let their origin determine their fate and they are no longer with me. The Little Sister is here to stay.

For any who are interested, there are three new ones available now on Reverb, two at the list price of $1,450... Christmas is coming, perhaps it’s time to reward yourself for being a good boy or girl all year!

Merry Christmas to all,
    Mike

18. MikeR

MikeR Guitar Challenged
    Staff Member

Beautiful guitar Mike! Chris (@obsidianskies) had a B&G Little Sister at BGU Memphis. It was really nice!

Gunrunner likes this.
  19. Rancid Rumpboogie

A brass bridge does make a difference ... so does the amount of mass in the bridge. I put a solid brass "Mega Mass" tremolo system from Killer Guitar Components in my MIM Strat with a massive brass tremolo block and the brass tremolo plate with a wide heavy bar across the back for even more mass. The improvement in tone and sustain was notable.
    eunajfh83683qvo6qbpg_wdp.jpg

Gunrunner likes this.