New to the forum. Cliffm

Cliffm

Blues Newbie
I am a retired Episcopl priest, that is if one ever retires! I play acoustic and classical guitars and have a
Collins D3, Taylor CE14 (Maple) and a Córdoba Master Class classical
plus a hollow body Tradition electric though that one is loaned out at present. I have just received my Blues Guitar Unleashed and am wondering if it work well on acoustic as well as electric.

Fingerlick

The Thrill is Gone
Welcome Cliffm. You are going to love this forum. Plenty of people here with knowledge to share and a family atmosphere and great support.
I have a Fender acoustic, Babicz Identity and a Martin D-28. Also a Squire Strat and am in the process of building a Stratocastor from black cherry I harvested in January. I have the blanks for the body and neck drying in my kiln. Amplifiers I have are a Crate 120 A (acoustic amp), Fender Mustang III, Blackstar Modeling amp and a Fender Starcaster I bought for my grandaughter.
I am also a minister (Methodist ) retired in 2006 for health reasons.
Great to have you sharing the blues journey.
Dale

Fingerlick

The Thrill is Gone
The only limitation you have on acoustic is the fewer amount of playable frets but there is plenty of blues music to be played on 12 frets.

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Welcome Cliff! I've always thought it is great to be around people of like mind. Especially if it's something in common we LOVE. We all LOVE Blues!

Yes. You can play BGU lessons with an acoustic guitar. The styles and picking are geared for electric guitar but can be played on any guitar. The Acoustic BGU presents a different style of playing for acoustic. The two different styles appear to be designed to bring out the particular qualities of the different types of guitars.

Do you have access to an electric guitar? The best way to tell if it will work for you is to try it. If you decide it's not right for you, you can return the one and get the other course. Griff is very good about these things.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Welcome to the forum, Cliff!!!

You have found a brand new extended family here! Lots and lots of great folks all here to give you a helping hand and support!

2f1ea8d971bb760a7ffa4bfbd01ae523.gif
drummer-smiley.gif
band.gif
Guitar_Emoticon___Animated_by_satsukichan.gif

We gonna help you learn to boogie!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome Cliffm.
BGU will teach you a lot, but if you intend on sticking with acoustic, you might like the Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed better. You can contact the help desk and get an exchange, or you can pick up the Acoustic course in addition to BGU. You can get a 40% discount this weekend by using the discount code: dad16mem