New to Forum: Intro

CharlesBeaulieu

Blues Newbie
New to the group. I want to learn how to play the Blues, have some experience playing and learning on my own, off and on. I’m 67, retired and find myself wanting to learn more about the guitar and other musical instruments (ukulele, piano, harmonica, etc.); I have an arch top hollow body and an acoustic guitars. And, have been practicing on odds and ends for a few minutes daily, but nothing formal or with any instructions. I live just 20 minutes south of San Jose, CA and thinking I should be taking lessons or meeting with other similar guitar enthusiasts to learn more? I signed up to this program yesterday in hopes that maybe I can learn more here. Any comments or questions are welcomed.
Thanks

Rad

Blues Newbie
New to the group. I want to learn how to play the Blues, have some experience playing and learning on my own, off and on. I’m 67, retired and find myself wanting to learn more about the guitar and other musical instruments (ukulele, piano, harmonica, etc.); I have an arch top hollow body and an acoustic guitars. And, have been practicing on odds and ends for a few minutes daily, but nothing formal or with any instructions. I live just 20 minutes south of San Jose, CA and thinking I should be taking lessons or meeting with other similar guitar enthusiasts to learn more? I signed up to this program yesterday in hopes that maybe I can learn more here. Any comments or questions are welcomed.
Thanks

Hi Charles, welcome.

South of SJ, where? I worked in Gilroy for a decade and taught motorcycling at Gavilan when they were short staffed. My regular site was Cabrillo.

I’m 69, gasp :eek: , and I’m what must be called a life time intermediate player.

I‘m just over the hill in Santa Cruz, If social distancing ever ends we should get together and see what kind of noise we can make.

Enjoy the forum and lessons

conrad

Cartgate

Blues Newbie
I don’t communicate on him much but do you like to read them I get lots of different ideas.
And make sure to read all of Griff‘s mail posts sometimes I don’t use it right away since I’m practicing something,
I followed Griff for many years now I always get something out of it even going and looking at holder information.
This is a great site

Shodai

Blues Junior
Welcome to the forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people, and there is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!

CharlesBeaulieu

Blues Newbie
Hi Charles, welcome.

South of SJ, where? I worked in Gilroy for a decade and taught motorcycling at Gavilan when they were short staffed. My regular site was Cabrillo.

I’m 69, gasp :eek: , and I’m what must be called a life time intermediate player.

I‘m just over the hill in Santa Cruz, If social distancing ever ends we should get together and see what kind of noise we can make.

Enjoy the forum and lessons

conrad

I live in Morgan Hill. If you are in Santa Cruz, Maybe you know a friend of mine who owns the Sylvan Music Store in Santa Cruz on Mission, Albert Markasky.

You and I are about 1-2 years apart in age so that’s cool. Yes, this “Shelter at Home” would need to pass, but I’d be happy to meet with you. I’m sure you are ahead of me and maybe I have little to nothing in guitar knowledge to offer you.

Rad

Blues Newbie
I live in Morgan Hill. If you are in Santa Cruz, Maybe you know a friend of mine who owns the Sylvan Music Store in Santa Cruz on Mission, Albert Markasky.

You and I are about 1-2 years apart in age so that’s cool. Yes, this “Shelter at Home” would need to pass, but I’d be happy to meet with you. I’m sure you are ahead of me and maybe I have little to nothing in guitar knowledge to offer you.

Charles

Guitar knowledge? Not a problem, we are all somewhere on the perpetual learning track.

I’ll drop ya line if and when this mess passes.

My two grown daughters panic when ever I go to meet someone I met online. They are convinced everyone on the internet is s serial killer. I reassure them, letting them know that the folks I meet my age are not a problem because even if they were a serial killer they are retired from that profession by now:D

Enjoy the forum in the meantime.

Conrad

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Thanks

Welcome to the Forum Charles.
Griff have loads of courses, so be sure to find the one that is the right fit for you. Blues Guitar Unleashed for Electric soloing Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed for "Playing On The Porch" kind of music, plus loads more on technique, rhythm, theory, soloing...
and of course be sure to ask questions here as the come up.