New Member.... Looking forward to Learning

Phillip Adams

Blues Newbie
Good Evening,
My name is Phil. I live in Myrtle Beach. I started listening to the Blues on Sirus Radio. I am hooked. I love the sound, lyrics, etc. I played a little in the past but looking forward to learning much more.

I love Stevie, and B.B King but like the lesser known artists. A really cool and funny song is the "Upside of Lonely". Not sure if Foghat wrote it or just re- recorded, Tom Hambridge has a version of the song. You can check both versions on Youtube.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi Phillip,
Welcome to the forum.
The first time I heard Upside OF Lonely, I thought I need to learn that song.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
A really cool and funny song is the "Upside of Lonely". Not sure if Foghat wrote it or just re- recorded, Tom Hambridge has a version of the song. You can check both versions on Youtube.

Tom did write that song for Foghat and it is a great song. “Under The Influence” is an excellent album from Foghat. I am a lifelong fan and their new stuff holds up very well to their ‘70s stuff.

Welcome to the forum.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Welcome to the forum! That's a great song, I love what Foghats has been doing lately!

dwparker

Bluesologist
Welcome! l've only been here a few days myself, but already I've learned you'll find great people here and a wealth of knowledge. I hope you have the same experience.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Welcome aboard, amigo! Take a look around and join in the fun.