New from North Georgia

tdorsey1958

Blues Newbie
Hi,
My name is Tom and I am in my mid-fifties. I played guitar in high school and then let life get in the way. I have recently become disabled with a low back injury, and have decided to use my now abundant time to get back into the guitar. I have been getting Griff's emails for a while and poking around on the internet, but just decided to get with it and ordered a course from BGU. I hope that I can get to a level of being able to play the blues.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Welcome to the forum, Tom!!!
You have found a brand new extended family here!  Lots and lots of great folks all here to give you a helping hand and support!

pianosmiley.gif
Guitar_Emoticon___Animated_by_satsukichan.gif
2f1ea8d971bb760a7ffa4bfbd01ae523.gif
band.gif

We gonna help you learn to boogie!

samwell

been here.....
Welcome to the forum Tom, you done found the way to get them blues :cool:  & ain't no better time than now :-?   Enjoy & Drop by regular.... [smiley=beer.gif]

Hello Tom.   Congrats on getting BGU, sorry to hear about the back problems.   
Hope you enjoy the course and this community.   Welcome to the forum !

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Welcome Tom. This Blues forum and Griffs teaching are the Key to Learning To Play the Blues. Again Welcome.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome to the Forum. Stick with Griff and you will be playing the blues in no time.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
Tom...welcome back to the land of guitars and music...you are in the right place...have some fun...later.

cowboy

L

LynnLaFrance

Welcome to the Forum Tom and congrats on finding Griff.  This is a very special place and you're gonna love it here.

Make sure you post your progress in the lessons area - it is great for seeing where you were and how far you've come in the course and on your quest to play your guitar.  And if you have any guitar playing or music theory questions, there are plenty of people here ready, willing and more than happy to help! 

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Welcome to the forum Tom and if you put in the practice then you'll be playin' the blues before you know it.  :)

GeeDub

Mojo Seeker
Welcome, Tom!  I have a strong feeling that was only the first of many courses you will buy from Griff!

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Welcome to the Forum Tom.  This is a great place to get your questions answered, provide input or socialize.  Enjoy.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Welcome, Tom! Sorry about your back. BGU is a pretty cool course. You'll be a blues guitarist in no time!