New Forum FAQ

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Click on your avatar/name at the top right, select "Preferences." Under Options you have checkboxes for:

__Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...

__and receive email notifications of replies

Uncheck both of those.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Yeah, that's what MtMan was talking about, but they are all unchecked and I still get emails on some forum areas until I specifically say "Unwatch Thread".

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I think that I somehow had gotten Some Forum Areas set to "Watch Thread". I've fixed that and I'm hoping that clears things up.

artyman

Fareham UK
I've just been back into 'Preferences" and turned off the top two boxes I'd already switched of in "Alert Preferences" but that wasn't enough, every time I made a post it started watching again!!!

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Why do some post have a green flashing spot and others don't?
How do I stop it. Do I need to stop it?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Why do some post have a green flashing spot and others don't?
How do I stop it. Do I need to stop it?

If you are referring to the Green spot in the upper left of the Person's Avatar area, I'm pretty sure that it means that they have checked the box in their profile to "Show their online status". Green light means they are online now. No light? They either haven't checked the box or they are off line.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hover over your userid in the upper right corner of the screen. THen select preferences. It should be the first thing that you see.

bluesmadd

Funk the Blues
MikeS, I'm sure I've edited a post, and now I can't recall how that was done, don't see an edit button. Btw, can you delete a post also?

bluesmadd

Funk the Blues
I just did another post and I see that you get and edit and delete button. How long is that visible for?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I see that you answered your first question. I'll have to check with Griff to see how he has set that parameter.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Regarding the two sections discussing the Golden Ticket, I would suggest changing any mention of “2 months” to “60 days” as Griff states in the promo for the AAP or even “exactly 60 days”.

There have been occasions when a member doesn’t remember when during a month they redeemed a ticket and has posted on the forum on the first day of the month “2 months” later asking why they don’t have the next one yet.

And the ticket doesn’t show up “approximately” 60 days later as someone once suggested in the past.

I’ve redeemed 18 tickets and each one arrived exactly 60 days after redeeming the previous one.

(I’m not a programmer so I don’t know how a computer could be instructed to do something in an approximate number of days. :oops:)

Last edited:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Regarding the two sections discussing the Golden Ticket, I would suggest changing any mention of “2 months” to “60 days” as Griff states in the promo for the AAP or even “exactly 60 days”.

There have been occasions when a member doesn’t remember when during a month they redeemed a ticket and has posted on the forum on the first day of the month “2 months” later asking why they don’t have the next one yet.

And the ticket doesn’t show up “approximately” 60 days later as someone once suggested in the past.

I’ve redeemed 18 tickets and each one arrived exactly 60 days after redeeming the previous one.

(I’m not a programmer so I don’t know how a computer could be instructed to do something in an approximate number of days. :oops:)
I'll try to find those two sections and change it to 60 days. That's more precise for sure.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
@MikeS

May I suggest that the phrasing be as follows:

The next Golden Ticket will become available 60 Days following redemption of the last Golden Ticket.

That is the more accurate elapsed time interval rather than just saying 60 Days....