New BGU Member

MikefromGP

Blues Newbie
Hello Everyone! I just signed up for the All Access Pass. I picked up guitar for the first time last year in Oct @ age 53. I have pretty much been practicing daily with the exception of a 3mth layoff due to neck surgery. I make my noise with a entry level Taylor Acoustic and a MIM Strat ! Lol! I consider myself somewhere between beginner /intermediate leaning more towards beginner! I know most of my basic open chords, as well as 5th, and 6th string E and A shape Maj-Min, and 7th Bare chords. My Chord changes are still a little rough though. I know the Major and Minor Pentatonic " Blues" scale pretty well. I learned them using the CAGED method. Anyway, I am Hoping to learn how to turn my noise into beautiful Blues music here @ BGU . Thanks!

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Welcome to an incredibly friendly and supportive group! Your story fits right in with most of us here. Make sure to ask whenever you have questions and to visit down in the Virtual Jam Room.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Welcome aboard Mike. Sounds like you are off to a great start with your learning. Also, welcome to the neck/back surgery club here on the forum. It’s been quite a busy summer. Some parts of getting old(er) really do suck.

JohnDX

Blues Newbie
Hi Mike. You’re lucky to find this place so early in your journey. Congrats and have fun!