Need sheet music for lyrics.

rick_barclay

Blues Newbie
Hi, all. I'm in the process of transcribing the instrumental
music for I Believe into Guitar Pro 6. I am very interested in where exactly the vocals come into play. So,
I have Griff's lyrics for all the songs, but I cannot find any
sheet music for I Believe. A search on Google returns
religious music for that title. Can anybody here help me out
and point or even post a copy of the vocal sheet music for
I Believe? I need the melodies for all the songs. Thanks a bunch for any help. Love Griff's tutes.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
You won't find any sheet music for any of the songs in BGIAB beyond what you find in the manual. Griff put these together solely for us to learn from, then use in other "real" songs.

As far as I know, he never intended for people to perform these songs "as is" ( could certainly be wrong, but I think this is true).

The intent is to learn all the guitar parts (using the lyrics as a road map or guide to the song), then apply the guitar parts to other songs.

From the Intro to the course:
"I've put together 5 tunes that will showcase how you can  play within some of the more common  feels, and with actual blues songs."

Transcribing these lessons is a great way to develop your ear, so if you really want the "sheet music" what you are trying to do is a great learning tool.

rick_barclay

Blues Newbie
Thanks for the reply, Mike. I thought these songs might be Grif's own creations, but I was hoping that maybe he had jotted down the notes and timing for the vocals, which I would love to perform at some point. That's not to say the vocals can't be entered into GP6. It's just that's it requires a lot of work and experimentation. The videos are great, but GP6 is also a great way to isolate certain parts that I'm having trouble with watching the videos.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Yep, I use GP6 ALL the time when I try to figure out a solo from a recording.
It is tedious and time consuming, but (usually) by the time I've gotten it set down in GP6, I've learned to play it and have most of it memorized. I'd imagine that it would work the same with the vocal lines.

I'm working on an intro for Red House right now.

I don't know if he would have time or be willing to do it, but you might want to PM Griff and ask.

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Hi, all. I'm in the process of transcribing the instrumental
music for I Believe into Guitar Pro 6. I am very interested in where exactly the vocals come into play. So,
I have Griff's lyrics for all the songs, but I cannot find any
sheet music for I Believe.

It sounds to me that I Believe is loosely based on Sweet Home Chicago for which you may be able to find sheet music and just swap the lyrics.

Blues_Dude_Oz

Blues Newbie
I am new here, but have purchased a lot of the BGU Courses including BGIAB 1&2 and wanted to know where to get the Lyrics. The answers are right here. Griff did say in many of his courses that he just makes up words for the Guitar lesson due to the Copyright Laws which is a fair comment. But when you are learning one of the BGIAB songs it is so much easier to read a TAB sheet with the Lyrics of the songs. I am in most cases purchasing the songs in this format to match to the Courses, just need to re- arrange some of the guitar bits to fit which is quite hard for me as I am just learning or maybe just getting close to intermediate. Thanks for all the comments here which have been very helpful.