Nasty Blues Funk D minor

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I can only produce a mono mp3 file (with my understanding of Audacity I can't seem to keep it stereo like the source file I downloaded)

audacity.jpg

Do you have the last button to the right in the second row set to Stereo?

It played fine for me using Chrome on my MacBook.

Sounded OK to me.

A welcome addition.:)

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
I think my main problem moving forward will be not being the spoilsport that mixes it all down to one mono track... I'll have to look in to how to get the one channel duplicated into another.

All I do is right click and download to my desktop, then drag it in to LogicPro. (see attached screen shot) I've no idea if it's mono or stereo. I add my piece then bounce it to my desktop again, and drag it into DB. I then right click on it and copy the link, and paste it into the thread, changing the www to dl.

B Roddick

Blues Newbie
View attachment 9601

Do you have the last button to the right in the second row set to Stereo?

It played fine for me using Chrome on my MacBook.

Sounded OK to me.

A welcome addition.:)

Thanks! I don't recall that option being there, will have to check next time I try one of these. It's a great idea! Having heard the different pieces folk put on there I'll have to spend a bit more time on the next one.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Okay, here we go... hopefully this link works okay? I did 07:51 to 08:48 (it's a bit of a rough one take wonder): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I7puyYZ0gWZEGLLHy6FEY56MkTcO79nf

As mentioned in previous post this is mixed down to one mono channel, so if this is unacceptable please everyone ignore me and someone take my time slot from Artyman's source file above.

Fender Player Telecaster through Boss Katana 100 with a little bit of Soul Food added, mainly as a clean boost over a preset with a bit of light crunch.

Welcome to the VJR basement. The link worked fine for me on my iPad. I can’t speak for the stereo/mono issue or downloading the file until I get on my PC and try it out. Regardless, your ”one take wonder” sounded great.

Elwood

Blues
Moto, yep you jump in after Paleo and get things going again. Good job! Nice sound from the LP Arty! Bill, I missed all the posting troubles, your link worked fine here. Nice job, great tones, thanks for working it through until we could hear you.

This is turning out nice TZ, just took a little time. :thumbup:

artyman

Fareham UK
The google link worked fine for me, excellent first effort, hope to see more of you down here, and don't forget the beer next time :ROFLMAO:

Now I must get down to practising our Christmas set, haven't played them for a year !!!

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Excellent stuff Bill.(y) I see you've been to the 'Zeppelin school of Tone Shaping'.:whistle: Great to see you here, and I hope you'll be a regular.:)

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I've been listening to this for days and trying to come up with something for it. This morning I decided it was time. As it turns out, on this one, timing is my big problem. My fingers just won't stay in time on this. It's a very odd feeling.
Anyhow, I lightened up from what I wanted to play and still drop slightly in and out throughout. I'm in from about 8:50 through around 10:15.
https://fuzzypinkstrap.com/VJR/NastyFunkyDm-TZ-Pal-Moto-arty-BRod-Papa.mp3

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
I've been listening to this for days and trying to come up with something for it. This morning I decided it was time. As it turns out, on this one, timing is my big problem. My fingers just won't stay in time on this. It's a very odd feeling.
Anyhow, I lightened up from what I wanted to play and still drop slightly in and out throughout. I'm in from about 8:50 through around 10:15.

Very nice. Your persistence has paid off. I’m still trying to figure out how to count and play at the same time so that might be why I didn’t notice the odd feel of this one.

B Roddick

Blues Newbie

Well done! You've got to love this stuff! Need to do another soon...

B Roddick

Blues Newbie
Very nice. Your persistence has paid off. I’m still trying to figure out how to count and play at the same time so that might be why I didn’t notice the odd feel of this one.

Count and play? I don't think I'll ever do that consciously... I hope I do it unconsciously, but I've no idea!!! Lol

Elwood

Blues
This one was just about to fall off of page 4. Elwood to the rescue!

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/rbym6126wacrv6v/nastyfunkydm-tz-pal-moto-rt-brod-pr-ew(2).mp3?dl=0

Thanks for the track TZ! Even though it's been a while everyone's playing is just as good, real good!

I've been pulling up some of these, trying my wings with S1. This is my second try with plugging right into the interface. I have also been leaving a closing minute behind. This is a nice track. Someone please come along and do it right, to the end, only take a minute!

My Elite tele from 10:14 - 11:13.

Last edited: