Amps NAD - Boss Katana 50 MKII

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
I really needed another amp:rolleyes: but for $229 bucks, Boss made it hard on me to pass this up. I’ve only played with it for a few hours but so far I’m very pleased with the results. Able to get a wide range of good/great tones but with the wife home, I have had to keep it on the 0.5 watt setting. Hopefully I will get a little time tomorrow to kick it up to the 25 and 50 watt settings. Seems to have a good clean tone. I really like the crunch setting and the brown setting. The brown will give you as much distortion/overdrive as you want. There is also an acoustic setting but I have not messed around much with that. Overall, I am very happy with this Amp. I think it weighs about 25 lbs., so it will be easy to move around the house to use as a practice amp.

artyman

Fareham UK
I have the Mk1 Katana 50 and yes they are a nice bit of kit, it was the weight that particularly attracted me as it's 2/3rds the weight of my Mustang III which now lives permanently in one place. Carrying the Katana to gigs is a lot easier, and it sounds great as well

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Congrats Ted yeah I have 2 boss amps then katana air which mostly stays in upstairs bedroom ( sometimes goes in car for practice at my friends house ) and the boss katana artist 100. ( I brought the katana 100 to glens falls last year will probably bring it again to kalamazoo ).

Does the MK2 have the rolland footswitch option ( I think so ) it makes it really easy to either jump into a customized setting or just from clean to brown to crunch. ( Like you I really like the brown setting ). The crunch I like a lot also.

I just have not used the tone studio stuff at all but there are a ton of customized presets available you can load in.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Does the MK2 have the rolland footswitch option ( I think so ) it makes it really easy to either jump into a customized setting or just from clean to brown to crunch.

There is a Footswitch input on the rear panel. The manual (yes, I made it to page 7 of the manual) says it is compatible with the FS-6, FS-7 and FS-5L footswitches. I am not familiar with any of these but I’m sure I will be shortly:D.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
If it works with the FS-5L. It should work with any latching footswitch. If you have a channel changing switch with one of your other amps this should work.

cheers

Al.