Nace cabinet ? WTB

JoelPoirier

Blues Newbie
Hi guys,

So I just bought a Nace Pro-18 head here on BGU, will receive soon. Thanks Kevin
Never tried one, just listened to a few demos and took the opinions here on the forums.

I don’t find much infos on the web on Nace amps any infos or tricks are welcomed...

But now I need a Cab to go with it, does anybody have a Nace cab for sale by any luck ?

Which speaker do you guys prefer with those amps ?

Thanks

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
You might try Reverb. I bought my pristine Nace cab on Reverb. You may also look to see if you can find a Carvin Vintage cab. I've got two of those (in tweed) that I use currently for my Nace Pro-18 head. I actually prefer the Carvin Vintage as it has a more mellow and midrange than the Nace cab. if I find something I'll let you know! good luck!! :Beer:

ronico

rainyislandblues
You might try Reverb. I bought my pristine Nace cab on Reverb. You may also look to see if you can find a Carvin Vintage cab. I've got two of those (in tweed) that I use currently for my Nace Pro-18 head. I actually prefer the Carvin Vintage as it has a more mellow and midrange than the Nace cab. if I find something I'll let you know! good luck!! :Beer:
Yes good value if you find a used one. I run my BJ through one on occasion. It's usually hooked up to my MIII

JoelPoirier

Blues Newbie
Thanks, nice find.
For some reason it didn’t show up when I was searching the Bay.

The shipping is killing me though, being in Canada is a clear disadvantage when it comes to shipping large objects... 122$ shipping+47$ duty charges...

Might just wait for the head to actually show up and try it with my Mesa widebody for a start.
And there is no “Buy it now” option, it’s in an auction format which lenghten the purchase.

Anybody actually have one of those Nace cabs ?
Besides looking good with the matching head how do they sound ?
Are they the best sounding option for the price ?

Thanks

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Those are apples and oranges @Crossroads. Sure the Nace cab is not cheap but compared to the original list price at $600+ it's priced to sell. Nace has impeccable quality and anyone who owns one would most likely agree. The original list price as I recall was one reason why when I bought my Pro-18 head I got 2 Carvin Vintage cabs brand new. No doubt that Marshall 4 driver slant back looks great and also brand new (BTW I love my Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee). But I think you would have a heck of a time driving a 120 watt 4 speaker cab with 18 watts from the Nace. I'm sure there are plenty other cabs that are priced right that would be a better match for the Pro-18. :Beer:

I think I get a pretty full sound and plenty loud in my music room with my set up but I need more power to really drive my double cabs. I was really hoping that Art was going to finish developing a Pro-50.... Here is my Nace Pro-18, Carvin Vintage Stack, along with Eric:

Nace Carvin Vintage Eric Clapton.JPG

JoelPoirier

Blues Newbie
Nice setup @mountain man.
That’s an EJ Strat?
Been longing for one of those but didn’t managed to find one in stock to try so got a JB instead which I love but would still want to find an EJ.

Out of curiosity, what pedals are you using with that amp ?

Cheers upload_2019-10-20_22-15-30.png

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Nice setup @mountain man.
That’s an EJ Strat?
Been longing for one of those but didn’t managed to find one in stock to try so got a JB instead which I love but would still want to find an EJ.

Out of curiosity, what pedals are you using with that amp ?

Cheers View attachment 9264
I'll have to look for a pick of the pedals. Guitars from left to right: Eric Clapton, Eric Johnson, Jeff Beck, American Pro, American Standard:

DSCN3501 compress.JPG

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
@JoelPoirier I don't have a picture of the pedals handy so I'll just tell you what I have with the Nace Pro-18 head and Carvin Stack.

From in to out: TC Electronics Polytune 2, Pigtronics Philosophers Tone micro, TC Electronics Spark Boost clean boost, TC Electronics MojoMojo, Way Huge Overrated Special, Wampler Crossroads tube screamer, Wampler Euphoria. The bolded pedals are the ones I actually use - but not all at once - 2 max at a time.

I have a different set of pedals for the Nace Pro-18 combo: TC Electronics Polytune, Fulltone Deja Vibe, J Rocket Archer IKON, Fulltone OCD. :Beer::Beer: