Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No. 5

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No. 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have several of Griff's solo courses, my experience so far was that bgu solo#3 was the hardest for me. Bgu solo#4 was difficult for me too. They were all really challenging at the time, but these two especially almost made me put bgu aside because i just couldn't play them without sounding horrible.

I haven't tried sws yet, but judging by the recordings posted here around solo 4 people seem to either lose interest or not think the payoff is worth the time it would take to learn and record solos 5 onward.

This is a good question, might draw some activity back to the SWS virtual classroom.

lola

Blues Newbie
I have quite a few of Griff's courses but haven't even attempted any of them.

Do you mind if I mention something that's not in Griff's course?

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
I don't have this particular course (SWS), but if you look at all of Griff's courses, this is simply no contest - Solo 6 from SBS is by far the most demanding. Only a couple people have ever even attempted to post a recording of it (at reduced speed no less).
Tom

Tom45

Blues Newbie
I was so frustrated after solo 3 in SWS that I quit this course and went on to something else. Solo 3 drove me crazy trying to remember all the different licks. About halfway through the solo, the licks were similar and were repeated but with a slight difference. I never could play this solo without having to stop and look at the tab even after playing it for several weeks. Maybe one day I'll go back to it, but I'm not looking forward to it. I did enjoy learning all the blues boxes and found this to be very valuable in learning to play the blues.

bills10733

Blues Newbie
SWS #4 was pretty tough. It was fine up until the fast run of 16th notes in the last chorus. Can't remember the bar numbers, but if you've done it I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Much of it can be played with pull-offs so that's not too bad, but some has to be picked and my fingers just don't move that fast. I'm still working to get the speed up. Right now the best I can do is about 85%.

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Unlike Mike who finds the next one the most challenging, I am in the camp of the most challenging being the one I am working on. LOL