MODES Unleashed: A Corona Mode - Dorian solo

jmin

Student Of The Blues
When the pandemic lockdown started (March?) I still hadn’t figured out which of Griff’s courses I was going to focus on. For some reason the Dorian MODE topic seemed to pop up a few times. Since that was the next lesson in my Modes Unleashed course (I started MUL 2 years ago!), I decided DORIAN mode it would be!

...I think this is day 52(?). Well, me and Dorian have decided to part ways. Don’t get me wrong. She’s been great fun! I played with her backwards, forwards, and sideways - she’s very flexible. She even let me go back to Ionian a couple of times for comparison (They’re nearly identical twins!).

Here’s to Dorian!
DORIAN MUL Solo

Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Excellent.

Did you experiment with jamming the A Dorian pattern/box over each of the backing tracks for the other 5 modes?

Or over a Blues in A?:sneaky:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Excellent.

Did you experiment with jamming the A Dorian pattern/box over each of the backing tracks for the other 5 modes?

Or over a Blues in A?:sneaky:
Thanks for listening paleo! No, I didn’t try all five of the other jam tracks. I did try the Ionian over the Dorian track, and I did try it over a blues in A. I’ll wait a couple of years to try the others! :sneaky: