Mobile Sheets Pro... or other

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
So I'm kinda sorta maybe thinking I might decide to use a tablet for lead sheets. I'm kinda sorta an Android / Samsung kind of guy.

Looking around at various lead sheet apps Mobil Sheets Pro has come to my attention. I thought I would ask, this learned crowd, if anyone has experience with it. I mean it sounds like a good choice, but what do I know, I've never used one before...?

I like that the companion app allows you to manage your library on your PC, supports PDF, annotations, notes...

So if you have some knowledge about Mobile Sheets, I'd enjoy it if you shared your opinion of it... or even offer up an alternative that your think is awesome.

Thanks

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hope that works for ya.
A while back I bought a top notch tablet and we just never bonded.
My grandson now has a pretty fancy controller to fly his drone.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
I use both MobileSheets Pro on an Android tablet and MobileSheets on Windows. The two are nearly identical in operation (unfortunately you can't use both from the same license, on the other hand it's not that expensive). It is straightforward to sync the database between two devices. I do almost all of my song-file preparation on my PC, and I found that it was a lot more workable for me to have the full applications on both devices rather than to rely on the free windows companion app.

MobileSheets is very versatile in terms of file formats. Though PDF is what I use primarily, it also can handle image formats (JPG, GIF, PNG) so it's super easy to add a screen-shot or photo. Also text files, including some chord file formats (haven't messed with those). It's also the most reliable way I've found to share things with my IOS-bound bandmates who use ForScore to manage their music (PDF only, I believe).

You can do on-the-fly notetaking and edits using your finger on the touchscreen (tablet) or mouse/keyboard/stylus (windows), and the notes will sync to the other device.

You can also associate audio files with each song, either for reference (I always do this) or a backing track which can be made to auto-play (have never tried that). There are auto-scrolling options also (haven't tried) and it is compatible with foot-pedal page turners (haven't tried).

Song and songlist management is versatile and robust. After a good bit of practice, I am comfortable relying on it in performance (though I still keep a hard-copy of the setlist on the floor!)

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Doug
Awesome response. Sounds like a very useful tool. I appreciate the info you shared. Thanks

Reactions: dvs