Mid-Tempo Jazzy in Bb

MikeC

Blues Newbie
You might check out Quist Jams. Jacob Quistgard puts out a bunch of jam tracks. He has a lot of blues and jazz tracks that you can always play along with on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/QuistTV
He also sells jam tracks, either individually or in packaged "albums." I have bought every blues and a couple of his jazz tracks. You've heard some in the VJR.
Another YT channel, MCCD Sessions turns out some tasty blues jam tracks as well. https://www.youtube.com/user/icebeatmaker
Quist is fantastic, +1 to Papa.

MikeC

Blues Newbie
Recording

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gyv39o5iernlwm/Jazzy Bb-Paloe-TZ-EW-PR-Mo MC.mp3?dl=0

4:52 - 6:06.

Man, this one fought me the whole way. I can't get what I'm hearing from my amp into the damn file.

Still a lot left.

Marc and I recorded at the same time. I'll do more when I get a chance and get out of the way for this one!

Last edited:
Reactions: dvs

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
MikeC, Marc,
Generally a good idea to post a note that you're recording to prevent that situation.
That alerts players to hold until the recording is posted.
Looks like maybe Marc didn't know the protocol.

Mike,
In the past, one of the members has been able to fix this sort of boo boo by editing in the missing piece.

Let us know if you've still got your contribution saved ,perhaps we can save the day if you like.

Marc,
I'm usually in here a lot but I've been missing out a lot lately.
I think this is the first time I heard you....please tall me if that's true.
In any case............
Well done and welcome.
(y)

MarcV

Blues Junior
Mike. Please Let me take mine down and rerecord.
You were in before me. I am really sorry!

Yes. Good idea to post that you are recording I will do that next time

Elwood

Blues
@MarcV , how could you!!! :mad: Just kidding! :D You're doing fine! (nice job too btw:thumbup:).

I have ruined VJR tracks before I played (with other's post in there) and tore 'em up behind me (songs over, wasn't suppose to be). I've been too quiet, loud, bright, muffled, imbalanced, and that's just my recording skills! The world never ended and someone fixed up every one.
Point is, these guys just will not throw you out. If they did that you wouldn't be reading this. Posting that "recording" thing is protocol and a good idea (I found out just like you). Sometimes, if a track is old or near full, and not moving fast on the board, I'll be just playing on one and figure I'll just post it. If I go to do that and someone got in there while I was messing, they never know.

Folks here will help you, each in their own way. (y)

Moto said it all, "well done and welcome"!:Beer:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I have ruined VJR tracks before I played (with other's post in there) and tore 'em up behind me (songs over, wasn't suppose to be). I've been too quiet, loud, bright, muffled, imbalanced, and that's just my recording skills! The world never ended and someone fixed up every one.
Hell, I've ruined them just by recording! :D

MarcV

Blues Junior
Great editing Papa. Makes it sound like everything was planned
Good job all! Again fun to listen to all the different styles.

MikeC

Blues Newbie
Mike. Please Let me take mine down and rerecord.
You were in before me. I am really sorry!

Yes. Good idea to post that you are recording I will do that next time
No worries Marc, I came close to doing the exact same thing when I started. My contribution wasn't a favorite anyway. Cheers!