Mellow TedZ - B minor - Complete

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
if you have the link you should be able to play it and download it.

We discovered in the past that you had to also have a SoundCloud account to be able to download a file.

If you don't, the download button doesn't even show up.

Don't know if this is still the case or if that's why @artyman couldn't download it.:unsure:

Just a possibility.

Elwood

Blues
Elwood,
That an acoustic?
Interesting tone.
Yup, my new 12 fret baby. Your euphemistic use of the term "interesting" is appreciated. I took a great tone and fixed it till it was broke. I was having a devil of a time getting my guitar level to come up to be audible with the track. For some reason the backing track was sounding very loud. (once I get the track into Reaper I lock it so I won't screw you guys up) When I try to get my guitar up I get red all over town. So, calling on my vast wealth of skill with Reaper (stay away from me for help Dave) I diddled and duplicated tracks until I got something I could hear, that was not all red, but it sounded like that. The instrument sounded great, really! :whistle: hey @CaptainMoto , what I hope comes through is just what fun I'm having playing this thing!

Last edited:

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
We discovered in the past that you had to also have a SoundCloud account to be able to download a file.

If you don't, the download button doesn't even show up.

Don't know if this is still the case or if that's why @artyman couldn't download it.:unsure:

Just a possibility.

Don't think that is the case, though it may be. You do have to go to a hidden setting to enable download in Soundcloud. When I tested this morning I was logged out so technically it didn't know I had an account.

If you or Elwood don't have an account (I know Moto does) don't have an account can you test this link?

https://soundcloud.com/user-831164214/sleepy-ted-in-e-kc/s-2M0SI

Elwood

Blues
Hey Crossroads, I don't have a soundcloud acct and it loads right up. Yeah, but I went back and tried to download it (duh) like Arty was having fun with. I got a screen wanting my facebook, or some kind of ID so I dropped out. I have no facebook. Don't know if this really helps.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
It would appear to be some kind of quirk. I used a Chrome Incognito window, which did not recognize my account and I got the download option, just like @Crossroads showed in his last post.
Oh well... All's well that ends well. Everyone got in to play on a very cool track. You guys all did awesome on this track. I played along with it probably half a dozen times right after TZ uploaded it and I just never could get anything going that I liked. Obviously, you all had no problems doing that! Yeah, definitely a VJR 'greatest hits' nominee!

Edit: After reading a later post from @dvs in this thread, I went back to verify. In a logged out state, the download button appears, but upon clicking it, there are more hoops you must jump through. Sorry if this incorrect information misled anyone.

Last edited:

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Thank you both

@Paleo there is a security setting to enable download. But sometimes there is a strange US/UK thing on the internet.

@artyman did you click on the download link? It will show as private even for me.

artyman

Fareham UK
Yes clicked on the download link and got the login with faceache stuff (which I don't do! ) also the same with the new link you posted. I'm pretty sure I've managed a sound cloud download from someone in the past, is there a setting in your account, or on the file somewhere, that means it's available for anyone to download?

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
You do have to create an account with Souncloud to actually complete the download from there, but you don't need to login with facebook or google - you just need to give them a valid email address and make up a password. Then they ask you how old you are and what's your gender (a little intrusive, but you don't have to tell the truth, I suppose), and choose a username. Relatively painless, and if you ever want to follow Crossroads in the VJR, you'll be good to go.

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
You do have to create an account with Souncloud to actually complete the download from there, but you don't need to login with facebook or google - you just need to give them a valid email address and make up a password.

That's right. When I posted about using the incognito mode on my browser, I didn't follow it through. I saw the download button and figured that was the final step. I stand corrected.

Thanks Doug!

Last edited:

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
My oh my!! Did your wives throw all your fuzz pedals out????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I would throw her out if that happened:). That mellow cra....I mean stuff was just a quick diversion for me. I’ll try to not let it happen too often I’ve been trying to get another track (one of Griff's) on the VJR but every time I get ready to post my take, I listen to it again, hate it and delete it. I’ll try s few more times this week. Now I’m wondering if that sleepy track has got me in a fuzz funk?