Maybe it's not humans fault for Climate Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
QUOTE: NASA----"The Indonesian Tsunami 12/26/04 effected the Earths rotation---decreased the length of the day---changed the planet Earths shape--and shifted the North Pole--it also changed the Earths rotation"---Humm if NASA said so it got to be true....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Wouldn't discount humans impact on climate change, but hear is what an article from https://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2005/02/09/1299077.htm?site=12science&topic=latest says. "NASA scientists say the 26 December quake, the largest to rattle Earth since 1964 in Alaska, disrupted the planet's rotation and shaved 2.68 microseconds, or millionths of a second, from the length of a day.

NASA scientists Dr Benjamin Fong Chao and Dr Richard Gross calculated it shifted Earth's mean north pole about 2.5 centimetres and made the planet slightly less oblate, or less flattened at the poles.

"Physically, this is analogous to a spinning skater drawing arms closer to the body, resulting in a faster spin," they write in an article in Eos, a publication of the American Geophysical Union.

But they say these changes are based on calculations rather than measurements. The changes are so small they are either difficult to measure or too small to detect.

Many earthquakes shake the planet's axis and affect its rotation, scientists add, but their impact is too small to measure.

But environmental damage from the tsunami was vast. The killer waves gouged beaches, crushed coral reefs, smashed thousands of hectares of mangrove forests and refashioned coastlines from Thailand to Somalia."

sloslunas

NM Blues
Gentlemen...all of your points are well taken. My take is, that if we don't pull our collective heads/asses out of the sand and confront reality, on all fronts, future generations are doomed. We can do much better than what we are doing. This is just my opinion so please disregard anything that I have said that may offend you...

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.