Looks like Fender is spreading around the love

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
In all honesty, I like the looks of the Tele version quite a bit (go figure) but the Strat layout doesn't look as good to me. Can't put my finger on it but maybe it'd grow on me over time.
my experience, if it has to grow, aint gonna happen, I got an ibanes s770 last year because i really wanted a new S, ended up never liking the looks. Now I got the s670 which is what i really wanted

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
my experience, if it has to grow, aint gonna happen, I got an ibanes s770 last year because i really wanted a new S, ended up never liking the looks. Now I got the s670 which is what i really wanted

Yeah, I think I was being charitable. To my eye the sound hole/pickup/bridge structure fits well on the smaller Tele body but on the Strat one it looks...off. Too much open space or something.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Yeah, I think I was being charitable. To my eye the sound hole/pickup/bridge structure fits well on the smaller Tele body but on the Strat one it looks...off. Too much open space or something.
And not sure what the difference is (apart from maybe some of the voicings). I guess it wasn't that hard to do (all the tricky bits of R&D were already done on the Tele). So for the tooling costs probably worth while for those idiots who will buy both or just those that like the S type look better. But I have to agree the Tele looks better.

Still too rich for me. I need the squire one before I bite:whistle:

cheers

Al.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Based on the video I watched the main difference is on the Strat you can use the blade switch to flip between electric clean and electric dirty (as opposed to those being the extremes of the mod knob using the same blade position). I guess feedback was that’s a popular option folks wanted.

DesmoDog

Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy
I was really intrigued by those until I saw the price. Yikes, I just can't do it.

Kinda tossed around the idea of what it would take to build one though...

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Just watched this review today!

I don't think there are any surprises but, this guy always shares an honest opinion.

I'm glad I watched the whole thing.