Line 6 UX 1 problems

glynnd

Blues Newbie
I use a UX 1 to interface with my computer and I normally play through that and my external computer speakers rather than my amp. I recently switched tones on my UX1 and thought " that doesn't sound any different". So I went through a bunch of tones and all sounded exactly the same ie the amp and effects modelling is not working. When I go to panel view and adjust controls on amps or devices in the chain nothing changes not even the volume. I have tried refreshing the tone database but same result. I am getting sound out of my speakers and that responds to changes made at the guitar eg volume/pickups but the UX1 seems to be just passing the signal to the computer with no changes due to different amp etc characteristics contained in each tone.

I have put in a service request to Line 6 and await their response. I don't have much experience with them so I don't know whether to be hopeful or not.

About all I can think of doing is uninstalling and reinstalling everything but that means I will loose any custom tones I have set up and that would be a pity because they reflect the real me :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Anyone else experience this? any suggestions? thanks in advance

glynnd

Blues Newbie
I should add the modelling software is in POD Farm which is part of the UX 1 package when you purchase.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Not sure with COVID as I am sure they have some cut backs....................but I can tell you, Line 6 customer service IMHO kicks major butt.

I have never found them to be anything less than spectacular, but as said, I would give them some slack as they may be short handed currently

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
About all I can think of doing is uninstalling and reinstalling everything but that means I will loose any custom tones I have set up and that would be a pity because they reflect the real me
Can you not save those custom tones to a desktop folder and reload them after reinstalling PodFarm?