Lesson #29 - Almost Alone, Solo 3

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Here's the third, and final, of the "Almost Alone" acoustic solo series. This last one was fun and I actually got to try out my "editing" skills. Since there are no backing tracks provided for these solos, I made my own. But, since lesson 29 is using the chords from Lesson #26, which I've already recorded (and forgotten how to play!), I was able to use that track. However, this solo is 24 bars and lesson #26 was only 12. So I had to duplicate and splice. It came out close enough. (I know you "pro tools" guys are laughing at me.)

Lesson #29 - Almost Alone, Solo 3

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Jmin, I’m not laughing at ya I’m grooving right along with ya. That was sweet playing bud. The backing track sounds great too. You made that sound so good I can’t wait to get to these lessons. I’m still struggling to get Mississippi Blues to sound good on my Tele but you just motivated me to get it working. Well done.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Jmin, I’m not laughing at ya I’m grooving right along with ya. That was sweet playing bud. The backing track sounds great too. You made that sound so good I can’t wait to get to these lessons. I’m still struggling to get Mississippi Blues to sound good on my Tele but you just motivated me to get it working. Well done.
Thanks Ivan! Did you get your Alvarez problems fixed yet? Jump in here...I'm feeling kinda "Alone!"
But, I'm getting stoked at the possibility of finishing ABGU this year! Only 6 more lessons to go!

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Thanks Ivan! Did you get your Alvarez problems fixed yet? Jump in here...I'm feeling kinda "Alone!"
But, I'm getting stoked at the possibility of finishing ABGU this year! Only 6 more lessons to go!

I ended up returning my Alvarez. Now I’m back to square one looking for a replacement. Going to think about it for awhile. In the meantime hope to have Mississippi Blues posted in a week or so.

Congrats on closing in on the end of ABGU! Its been fun listening/watching your progress. Your playing gets better with every layer. Griff is going to have to come up with ABGU 2 for you. Maybe he’ll recruit you for a cameo performance!

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Nicely done jmin. Set aside about 2 months for the St. Louis Blues. It isn't difficult but boy is it long! :)

Eric

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nicely done jmin. Set aside about 2 months for the St. Louis Blues. It isn't difficult but boy is it long! :)

Eric
Thanks Eric. I was planning my “final stretch” of ABGU this weekend. I have to get through the Alternating Bass lesson, with some finger-picking, then it’s all songs! I already did one of them (Amazing Grace) and two of the others (House of the Rising Sun and Nobody knows...) are pretty easy, so St. Louis Blues will definitely be the time consumer. I actually allocated 2 months for everything else, and 6 months for SLB! (I’m a pretty slow learner...). But that still should let me finish ABGU this year! Something I haven’t been able to say for the past TWO years!
Thanks for the motivation!

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Awesome jmin. Maybe we can playing dueling SLB in New York in October??? :Beer:
Eric
"...St. Louis Blues in New York in October." Now that just sounds cool! (Not sure about the dueling part, though ;)).
It looks like the October NE BGU Live is shaping up to be an epic event!