Lesson 12 recording

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I was just looking at some old posts- I was working on this in July last year. This was the first time I felt comfortable having memorized it and not reading the tab. And I just couldn't keep up with the changes at Griff's full speed. Audacity has an "effect" which changes the tempo without changing the pitch. I used that to slow it down a bit.

I played it finger style and need to work on more consistency in the volume levels.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice vibe to that one, David! Sounded like I was sitting in a little jaz club listening to some cool guitar changes!
All of these tough lessons from griff take more than just a couple of weeks to really master. It's yours now! Nice work!

This is a cool sounding lesson with unusual (to me) chords.
Nice work practicing it up and getting it recorded.
Now that you have it memorized, it is just a matter of time until you "own it" as Griff puts it.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
A lot of new (to me) chords. And the rhythm is sometimes on the beat, sometimes on the shuffle "and". Griff makes it look easy.

On to lesson 14 which looks to be even more challenging. It's not fast, but lots more new chords.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
That sounded great, David! Really smooth and a nice tone. A bit more volume on the guitar would have sounded better but your playing really sounded good. I have been working on this one on and off for over a year and finally just decided to come back to it again. Each time, I see to get a bit further and more comfortable, but it is definitely more challenging than it sounds.

Jim pyron

Got Yer Blues
Very slick partner. You definitely have the vibe down. With luck at our next jam I'll be able to keep up!