Electric Guitars Les Paul traditional pickup swap

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Got this from a customer, He just wanted the pickups swapped out with some hand wound jobs. Belcher's or something like that.

Nice guitar. It had the receipt from 2011 for $1800 new from a Guitar Center in Scottsdale, AZ.

IMG_3507 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

IMG_3508 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

I thought it was interesting how the binding came up and covered the fret end? Plays really smooth!

IMG_3509 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Ummm so were there 57s in there? If so do you have them ... because i might be interested if for sale.

Yeah my SG standard HP has the binding over frets like that but i tend to prefer no binding ( like my studio tribute hp here )

Any guitars better that no guitar right?

9E79A2DA-2F44-4C79-B9F8-BB39952722C5.jpeg

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I thought it was interesting how the binding came up and covered the fret end? Plays really smooth!

IMG_3509 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr
My 76 Les Paul Custom, Joe Bonamassa Standard Les Paul, Derek Trucks SG, all have the binding that covers part of the end of the fret. I bet my Gary Moore Standard would too except it has no binding. :Beer:

add edit: My ES-137 and the Flying V Traditional Pro also have the binding that covers the end of the frets. So only the 120th Anniversary Firebird binding does not cover the end of the frets. The Gary Moore has no binding but it's pretty smooth none the less.

Last edited:

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
What kind of nut is that on your SG?

All the Gibson HP models had for a while the "zero fret" nuts. I think very early on they were brass but that was too soft and the strings cut into them over time. So the brass versions were replaced with titanium.

So yes this is the titanium zero fret nut. The strings are guided thru slots at the top of the nut then have a bit of free space before the "zero fret" bottom edge of the nut.

This concept works really well ... it separates the slot that the strings must fit through from the edge of the nut aka the first ( starting at zero ) fret.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Yes, one was a '57, the other was a '57+

They are the customer's, but I will ask him. He is picking up today.