Learning songs

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I just took a challange starting last Sunday from an old High School friend...............learn 26 songs in 26 days.

Rules

- I cant already know them (so things like what I like about you are out)
- one song for each letter of the alphabet
- played on an acoustic only
- no solos just rhythm, or rhythm and lyrics
- I can take an electric guitar song and switch it over, and I am allowed to change keys
- and it has to be songs that a beginner can learn in their first 6 months of playing

Him and his son are taking it up and want to play some campfire / backyard while the sister sings type of thing...........

already did

Good Riddance Time of your life - Green day
Sugar Sugar - Archies
I cant help myself (sugar pie honey bunch_)- Kid Rock version
Last Kiss - Pearl Jam
Kids in America - Kim Wilde
Real Wild one - Josie and the Pussycats
Take it easy - Eagles

Its a good distraction from writing and practicing scales to re-motivate, I will probably fail, but that's okay. it's in fun and some new songs to break out at the next jam
Neil Young and Bob Dylan Tunes

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
I think it is important to attend the venue you are going to jam at. Listen to what they are playing. Do this a few times and you will know which songs are popular.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Back to the OP question..............I think learning songs is important, even if like me you dont play cover songs for other people

reason being, we all have a comfort zone, and every now and then we break out of it for a minute...........but playing other peoples songs forces you do play things they hear din their head, and maybe gives more ideas to you

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I just took a challange starting last Sunday from an old High School friend...............learn 26 songs in 26 days.

Rules

- I cant already know them (so things like what I like about you are out)
- one song for each letter of the alphabet
- played on an acoustic only
- no solos just rhythm, or rhythm and lyrics
- I can take an electric guitar song and switch it over, and I am allowed to change keys
- and it has to be songs that a beginner can learn in their first 6 months of playing

Him and his son are taking it up and want to play some campfire / backyard while the sister sings type of thing...........

already did

Good Riddance Time of your life - Green day
Sugar Sugar - Archies
I cant help myself (sugar pie honey bunch_)- Kid Rock version
Last Kiss - Pearl Jam
Kids in America - Kim Wilde
Real Wild one - Josie and the Pussycats
Take it easy - Eagles

Its a good distraction from writing and practicing scales to re-motivate, I will probably fail, but that's okay. it's in fun and some new songs to break out at the next jam
Maybe some John Cougar

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
I've had this for a few years now, so maybe not still available, but "The Ultimate Pop-Rock Fake Book" has over 500 songs in it. And it IS what it says = Lyrics, melody line, chords. Should have 26 songs that fit your criteria.
Yes it does have "Sugar, Sugar", but not "Xanadu".