Lead Break Pickers and Singers needed

Annie

On my way
I took a stab in the dark. I did verse 3 and I am guessing it might be off a little. I didn't have a mic stand so there is some noise at the beginning. I am just guessing really about how all this happens. I did it with Apogee Jam and my IPad so somewhere along the way it got converted to a MPEG4. I used the Itunes encoder to change it back to WAV. So you get what ever is there and I hope its good enough.
Matchbox Annie's
Starts at 1:20

PS I am getting ready to travel tomorrow so I only had about 20 min to work on it.

KevinS

Blues Newbie
I went a bit country on y'all.
https://db.tt/pSj83soV   mp3 w/backing track
https://db.tt/j62xE4hR    .wav guitar only

Kept the backing track in, but muted for conversion to .wav.   Should be in sync with original .
I took one spot starting at  1min. 20secs. in (measure 53).

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
So, what do I need to do?  I'd give a vocal but am not really clear what I need to do. 
Just sing, man.  Record it and upload the .wav (or .aiff) file of your singing only.  I,ll pick it up and mix it in.

KevinS, RR, Annie.  Got your stuff.  VERY cool.

Lets keep er going!

KevinS

Blues Newbie
SHarpo,  that last method you explained put me over the top.  Found what I was looking for. And wouldn't you know it, using your instructions I've been creating .wav files all along.  Just didn't know
where they were.  Now I have plenty of duplicates in there. Big thanks to you and everyone else that
offered help.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Fighting some kinda bug here but, had to participate.
CB, you'll have to take out my sniffles.
If I messed up, dump it and I'll try later.
Vocals only verse 4.
Verse 4

KevinS

Blues Newbie
Great playing and singing Lady and Gentlemen.  I like what I'm hearing.
Great track to play over Cowboy Bob.  Really fun.

SHarpo

Blues Newbie
Kevin, I’ve got to say I liked your country flavoured guitar part… glad to see the “how to” instructions were of some use towards getting it converted and uploaded to the forum. Like you, I’m just learning and trying to figure things out… and part of my way of doing this is to write out the steps as I work them out… I find it helps me get organized and remember what comes next.

KevinS

Blues Newbie
Thanks SHarpo.  I can't say I actually get all of the navigating thru iTunes, but the last bit gets me to
my destination perfectly.  I need to write these things down too. If I don't use it often, I'll forget how.
Those instructions you created were very well done and directly to the point for what we are doing in the VJR. I appreciate it.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
So, what do I need to do?  I'd give a vocal but am not really clear what I need to do. 
Just sing, man.  Record it and upload the .wav (or .aiff) file of your singing only.  I,ll pick it up and mix it in.

KevinS, RR, Annie.  Got your stuff.  VERY cool.

Lets keep er going!

Sorry, dense here, but what link do I use?  How do I know what section since people are recording already?

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
You use Bob's original track from the first post.

The beauty of it, Dan, is it doesn't matter what sections others used.  If you play in a section someone else recorded, Bob will just create an alternate mix with you in that spot or blend the two of you together. 

The only sections you can't use are the ones Bob used when he posted the track at the top of the thread... the opening vocals and one 12-bar solo.  The rest is fair game. 

Just try to sing in the sections he designated for singing and play in the sections designated for playing.  (I made a little X, O and V map of the tune above).  If you mess up, I'm sure he can even create a mix with an alternate mapping of the tune, but that would be harder.

Does that help?

vashondan

Blues Doobie
You use Bob's original track from the first post.

The beauty of it, Dan, is it doesn't matter what sections others used.  If you play in a section someone else recorded, Bob will just create an alternate mix with you in that spot or blend the two of you together. 

The only sections you can't use are the ones Bob used when he posted the track at the top of the thread... the opening vocals and one 12-bar solo.  The rest is fair game. 

Just try to sing in the sections he designated for singing and play in the sections designated for playing.  (I made a little X, O and V map of the tune above).  If you mess up, I'm sure he can even create a mix with an alternate mapping of the tune, but that would be harder.

Does that help?

Mostly Marv and thanks.  One more question you said:

We then send you a link to a WAV file of just our track (not the backing track).  what does this mean?

Ideally, we should also post an MP3 of the original track with our new stuff added to it.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
KevinS, simply drag the MatchBox.WAV file onto a Garageband track and it will load the file in the WAV format. When you want to save the file it gets a little more tricky… see this post.

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1426353868

the AIFF option doesn't show up on my version of GB (6.05) 

Can this if I blew it. Its at 1:39

MatchboxDan

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Dan, what [glow=yellow,2,300]it[/glow] meant is, Bob needs a copy of just what you recorded (without the original backing track mixed in).  Play a couple of those posted by others up above and you'll see it's just their part in isolation.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
So ... where is all this leading to?  Are we going to hear all of those mixes that Bob does?  Or just his favorite of the bunch?  What?

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Gotta ask Bob, but I'm guessing we will hear a first mix when all slots have been filled at least once.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hey CB,
How about gluing together what you've got so far so we can get the big picture.
I'm thinking, there's lots of dead space to be filled.
Maybe if we hear what we got so far we'll be better able to jump in for what remains.

Annie

On my way
It looks like to me there is only the last verse left. What about getting together on it and finish it with 2 or more of us? Maybe someone also can piece together the guitar parts.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Allways tryin' to keep our sweetheart Annie happy, I gave piecing it all together a shot.
I got Marv's vocal and harp thingy solo, Annie's vocal, jmin's solo, my 2nd solo and Kevin's solo all schtuck together to the best of my pathetic editing capabilities.
I didn't keep the faith of where each person did his solo or where Annie did her vocal ... just found spots where they would all fit and schtuck them in.
Of course, Bob will come up with other combinations.

Composite attempt

Annie

On my way
Hang on, I am gonna be uploading the last verse. Please somebody accompany me.
Sorry for the wait. I did something wrong and didn't get a clean recording. I need to figure out why.