Kick Back for the Weekend and Rhumba

Steve_Whant

Blues Junior
Excellent track, I'm definitely up for this one. Just got some new kit delivered and spent the day getting familiar. Gone are the days of phone recording! Focusrite 2i2 and Pro Tools - feel like I'm getting to grips with it (Griff's All Access sessions from 2018 on the basics of recording have helped me as well - spent the whole afternoon not able to hear what I was recording and finally got it sorted). Anyone else want to kick this one off,if nobody grabs it by my morning time I'll kick it off, but don't let me stop you - i wont get to this till tomorrow.... also need to figure out how to get from "mid" to "mp3" - ah, just found it, we're good to go...

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Excellent track, I'm definitely up for this one. Just got some new kit delivered and spent the day getting familiar. Gone are the days of phone recording! Focusrite 2i2 and Pro Tools - feel like I'm getting to grips with it (Griff's All Access sessions from 2018 on the basics of recording have helped me as well - spent the whole afternoon not able to hear what I was recording and finally got it sorted). Anyone else want to kick this one off,if nobody grabs it by my morning time I'll kick it off, but don't let me stop you - i wont get to this till tomorrow.... also need to figure out how to get from "mid" to "mp3" - ah, just found it, we're good to go...
Steve, if it's ProTools First that you got with the Scarlett, I suggest you not install that and get a copy of Studio One Prime instead. It's FREE, although you have to create an account with Presonus to activate it. They won't bug you or spam you to death.

I've tried ProTools First after I had been in-deep with Cubase and found it incredibly frustrating. On the other hand, Studio One has as many or more online tutorials available and to my mind it is far more intuitive for a new user. We also have several people on the forum who are very well versed in Studio One and very willing to lend a supporting hand (in the usual BGU style). As I recall, ProTools only allowed you to save your projects in the cloud and there was a limit of four open projects at any given time. Studio One Prime has no such limitation and all your created content is stored on your own computer. Did I mention it is FREE?

https://shop.presonus.com/Studio-One-5-Prime

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
Papa knows best (aka Mr. Humility) and he has also posted up some great homemade videos here to get you running fast. I am not good in a DAW but I spent enough time in Audacity to understand the name, I have and used Reaper until Papa started these vids.
Studio one gets me farther, faster than before with less frustration. The effects look cool and are easy to understand (at least enough to mis-use). And like Papa said there are a bunch of us watching to see questions and threads pop up here on S1. They will be specific to the tasks at hand, just right!!!
One possible caveat; your experience may be better if you have a large screen for the layout.

While I'm all kicked back I think I'll see how my Rhumbatism is.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/e4y5ehteioqiq6b/rhumbaing117bpm-ms-ew-(2).mp3?dl=0

From 2:30 - 3:18.

Last edited:

Steve_Whant

Blues Junior
Steve, if it's ProTools First that you got with the Scarlett, I suggest you not install that and get a copy of Studio One Prime instead. It's FREE, although you have to create an account with Presonus to activate it. They won't bug you or spam you to death.

I've tried ProTools First after I had been in-deep with Cubase and found it incredibly frustrating. On the other hand, Studio One has as many or more online tutorials available and to my mind it is far more intuitive for a new user. We also have several people on the forum who are very well versed in Studio One and very willing to lend a supporting hand (in the usual BGU style). As I recall, ProTools only allowed you to save your projects in the cloud and there was a limit of four open projects at any given time. Studio One Prime has no such limitation and all your created content is stored on your own computer. Did I mention it is FREE?

https://shop.presonus.com/Studio-One-5-Prime

That's very helpful input Papa, many thanks. I am now busy installing.

Caboburt

No Bad Days
I need some help getting the last recording out oF HTML mode. Learning curve never complete. When I try to put it in my DAW it won't do anything...and the icon on the computer says HTML instead of a music symbol.

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I need some help getting the last recording out oF HTML mode. Learning curve never complete. When I try to put it in my DAW it won't do anything...and the icon on the computer says HTML instead of a music symbol.
Dropbox-download.jpg