July 4th, a special day

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
My parents got married on July 4th 1947.
As a kid you usually don't think of your parents as cool but, over time I grew to realize how cool they where.
They married on July 4th, pretty cool, and named their first son (my older brother) Jimmy.
That name was a solute to Jimmy Dorsey the big band guy.
Well, even though I adopted the name Moto, my given name is Tom, given to me by my parents who named me after Tommy Dorsey.
So, here's to my dearly departed Mom & Dad on their anniversary!
My song "Daddy Was" is on this album.
https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/captainmoto/family-affairs

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Cool:cool::cool::cool: I always thought that music was for squares----now that I am older; I like the heck out of it. The numbers --"In the mood"---"Chatanooga Choo-Choo....makes me feel good.---a lot of talent on stage with those guys..

Last edited:

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
Cool story and pics Moto. I always thought my parents...especially my dad...were cool. Dad passed away in 2001 at 74 and Mom passed in 2011 at 82. My dad got me interested in jazz (big band mostly) at a very early age which led me to playing guitar and listening to blues. He pretty much taught me everything I know about life.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Cool story and pics Moto. I always thought my parents...especially my dad...were cool. Dad passed away in 2001 at 74 and Mom passed in 2011 at 82. My dad got me interested in jazz (big band mostly) at a very early age which led me to playing guitar and listening to blues. He pretty much taught me everything I know about life.
That's a great story!
Thanks for sharing.
(y)

Elio

Student Of The Blues
My parents got married on July 4th 1947.
As a kid you usually don't think of your parents as cool but, over time I grew to realize how cool they where.
They married on July 4th, p uhcretty cool, and named their first son (my older brother) Jimmy.
That name was a solute to Jimmy Dorsey the big band guy.
Well, even though I adopted the name Moto, my given name is Tom, given to me by my parents who named me after Tommy Dorsey.
So, here's to my dearly departed Mom & Dad on their anniversary!
My song "Daddy Was" is on this album.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

My dad's birthday was the 4th of July. They probably would have hit it off!

BigMike

Blues Oldie
My dad was the musical one, he could play piano accordion. Him and mum were very much into dancing and dance bands so we heard a lot of that stuff when we were young. I have a new song simmering in the pot about father/son things, you have inspired me to get it finished.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
My dad was the musical one, he could play piano accordion. Him and mum were very much into dancing and dance bands so we heard a lot of that stuff when we were young. I have a new song simmering in the pot about father/son things, you have inspired me to get it finished.
Families.............always complicated but, you have to accept what you came with.

A friend who had a difficult relationship inspired this one:
Check out "Go Away" on this album.