jon3b's Train thing in E - 7 players

BBOP

Blues Newbie
if i remember right john the main roots are E/A/&B but as far as lyrics go?? see what happens but if the guitars get done and no lyrics could maybe take the tune and just add whatever comes to mind! see how it unfolds??

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
I dunno bout no TAB, but I could sketch out a chord chart. Simple version is E[sub]5[/sub] / A[sub]5[/sub] / B7.
The confuse us all version: In the last half beat of each measure the E and A chords are altered with d & g (3rd fret B & E strings), or replaced with G[sub]5[/sub] (I chord) and C[sub]5[/sub] (IV chord). The B7 is replaced with D[sub]5[/sub]

John, seems you tossed in some sus4ths? Asus4 works really well. I dunno, was playing around with it yesterday and may work in another rhythm track for a chorus or 3.

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
Alright, fine then! Just come to my house, bring beers, and I'll show you...    watch for trains.

:p

;D Cheers  [smiley=beer.gif]

BBOP

Blues Newbie
can ya still get a 24 of bud for 6bucks south of the border?? its like 40 bucks up here so if thats the case bring the horses and whole cart!! lmao
figured beaux wuda jumped on this!! did someone steal his guitar??

B

beauxPatrick

I've been detained again with my sister... she is in a coma again and in Palitaive care... just a matter of time.

Also, just got news my youngest son and family is without a place to live and will be moving in here 1st of the week.

Good news is I will get to see my grandson of 3 months that I haven't seen. I have been reading posts just not up to participating this week.

I am practicing though and I am working on another medium blues in Bm... got to get a few of the licks down.

This track is beautiful and I have been thinking of some words to add to it, but who can beat the "bar car"...LOL!

Be on board (pun) again soon...

bx

BBOP

Blues Newbie
got a project for ya johnf if ya want it! what you did on acoustic im lovin so what im thinking if you took the track and what you did on first 12bars do the same thing on the 3rd-5th & 7th which leaves the 4th 6th & finish for distorted clean guitar but the parts you do is were the lyrics will go! if you can do that and the rest of us finish the lead electric i got ideas in my noodle and it would balance out with you every other 12bars if ya would like to try and ok with jon???
dont make me think long cus spur of the moment works for me!! lol
rog [smiley=beer.gif]

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
Fine by me.  [smiley=beer.gif] Honestly, I'm tempted to strip it back to a drum track and redo the rest. Found a few different variants over the I chord that I like as flavors. Definitely want that acoustic riff in there. Rog, I'm hearing swing-eighths in the bass line. I'm also digging the bass riff off BB King's See that My Grave is Kept Clean. Dunno if that would work here though.  :-/

[smiley=beer.gif] Whatever you feel like you wanna do is cool. :cool:

JohnF

Blues Junior
got a project for ya johnf if ya want it! what you did on acoustic im lovin so what im thinking if you took the track and what you did on first 12bars do the same thing on the 3rd-5th & 7th which leaves the 4th 6th & finish for distorted clean guitar but the parts you do is were the lyrics will go! if you can do that and the rest of us finish the lead electric i got ideas in my noodle and it would balance out with you every other 12bars if ya would like to try and ok with jon???
rog [smiley=beer.gif]

Sounds cool. I'll give it a go. I did that off the cuff so I have to go back and learn it. For my own info.,would Audacity allow cut and paste? My version of Audacity is not user friendly.

JohnF

Blues Junior
Too much commotion going on here right now.I'll work on the project this afternoon. Also Jon I was thinking. Do you know Jeff beck's ,Yardbird era,train sound at the beginning of Train Kepta Going. That might sound good. I'll give it a listen later. I used to know it.

JohnF

Blues Junior
rog [smiley=beer.gif]

Fun but challenging. I hope this works.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/cN8yBPlo/01_trainthang-2.html

JohnF

Blues Junior
Here's the Train whistle Jeff beck used in Train Kept A Rollin.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/cN8yBPlo/01_trainthang-2.html

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
Sounds cool. I'll give it a go. I did that off the cuff so I have to go back and learn it. For my own info.,would Audacity allow cut and paste? My version of Audacity is not user friendly.

Yes, it does cut & paste. Highlight the desired section, zoom in to fine tune the selection for a good loop, and <ctrl+c> to copy. Add a new track under the Tracks menu and paste in. Current version of Audacity is 1.3.12-beta. Haven't had any glitches with it so far.

JohnF

Blues Junior
Last message wrong link. Sorry.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/CZe28-sM/01_trainthang-whistle_2.html

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
Re: jon3b's Train thing in E (-4th chorus and end)

Don't think I left much room for vocals .. but I was having so much fun.  :)

Stepped away from my usual light-overdrive for more gain and a fixed-wah.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/BoVgQ82b/Train_Thang_xxxoxox.html

The 4th chorus has space to fill, and it needs a sweet ending lick. Feel free!  [smiley=beer.gif]