1. LeftyJohn

LeftyJohn West Wiltshire/Exeter, UK

Elwood and Walt H like this.
  2. Elwood

Elwood mushin

Well to start with you have everything backwards!

Seriously, your chord changes are smooth, the rhythm moves freely. All I see is the same thing I need...just to do everything a million times to let things take deep root. Nice work. (one suggestion, you might try fingering your G chord with your other three fingers, not using the index. At least be comfortable with it. That will open some single note options for you later, like trying to weave a melody through your chord progressions. Only an idea.

LeftyJohn likes this.
  3. Walt H

Walt H Blues Newbie

Hey John,
    Looking and sounding quite nice!! Beautiful geetar as well.

I do not have this course and was wondering how you are liking it thus far?

LeftyJohn likes this.
  4. LeftyJohn

LOL, brilliant :)

Thanks much appreciated. I'm going to try to start fingering the G the way you suggest during some of my practice routine, as you say it seems like a great way to be able to add some single note melodies in future, when I'm a little more confident on the rhythm.

Regards, John

5. LeftyJohn

Thanks Walt.

I'm enjoying the course I think the exercises are set at a great level and progress nicely. There's a good mix of different areas/topics too from stuff like this which is great for strumming 'campfire' songs (for lack of a better term) plus some up-coming power chords and palm muting in a couple of sections time - so I can get my punk/classic rock kicks too :)

There is one thing missing that I'd hoped too see more of - though I'm not quite sure what that would be - and that's counting. I feel I'm missing something there and I was hoping this course would make it 'click' more, which it is, but not in quite the direct way I was hoping.

My only small criticism of the course is the quality of the video's. Having started with Beginning Blues Guitar 2 which is brilliantly presented, SARM seems a little dated and not as well presented / put together.

Overall I'm very glad I brought the course and will be continuing to work through it.

Regards, John

6. Walt H

Walt H Blues Newbie

Thanks for the info John. If you are looking for counting. I am pretty deep into the ABGU course. I am on lesson 28/35. I honestly cant say enough about how fantastic I think it is, and there is an absolute ton of counting in it. I promise, if you see ABGU through you will have a really good grasp on counting.

LeftyJohn likes this.
  7. LeftyJohn

Thanks Walt, I've already brought ABGU and BGU to do after SARM. I've not decided which to try first, so it sounds like ABGU might be the one!

Regards, John