John Q from Depew

Hello all . I'm brand new here at BGU. I've been playing guitar since 1971 on and off, I was a 12 year old Boy Scout in 71 , we were setting up the dinning hall for a special event. I had 2 folding chairs in my hands when I saw the Scout masters son sitting on top of the piano playing House of the rising Sun on a guitar, well I put one chair down and sat on the other watching in awe. thinking I've gotta learn to do this ,On my 13th birthday my grandmother bought me my first guitar. I now own 5 guitars one is a 50 year old EKO 12 string my wife bought for me in 1976 .I also have a Blonde fender American made Buddy Guy Strat that was gifted to me when my brother-in-law passed. that's pretty much why I 'm now learning Blues guitar,we were both into blues as kids as well as all that classic rock when it was brand new. I've pretty much mastered "House of the Rising Sun" since then, now I'm working on "Born Under a Bad Sign" for my brother -in-law. That's my story I really enjoy these lessons ...Griff...your great thanks for sharing

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Welcome!
"House Of The Rising Son", one of the first songs I learned............still a classic:cool:
Looking forward to your participation.

artyman

Fareham UK
Welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement. Dyb Dyb Dyb :D

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Welcome to the forum John and thanks for the insight with your interest in guitars. (y)

Trinidad Bill

Blues Newbie
Welcome, enjoyed the background!

Now the question... Do you play the House of the Rising Sun like Dylan or the Animals?

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
Hi John - welcome to the forum from another John - one from the West coast for now! Good bunch of people on this forum - very supportive, lots of great conversations - some with a twinge of sarcasm and that is usually very well meant! - and generous to a fault. Come back often and join in the conversations. You cannot find a better instructor for guitar than Griff. Again, welcome.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Hey, John! Welcome! You sound like you have lots of good stuff to contribute to the forum. Looking forward to hearing you play!

Hi John - welcome to the forum from another John - one from the West coast for now! Good bunch of people on this forum - very supportive, lots of great conversations - some with a twinge of sarcasm and that is usually very well meant! - and generous to a fault. Come back often and join in the conversations. You cannot find a better instructor for guitar than Griff. Again, welcome.
Thanks for the support... I'll try to get in on some conversations, still learning to navigate this site .....I agree Griff is a very good instructor ,Iam very comfortable with his methods

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Welcome John, I'm sure carrying on in you brother in laws memory makes the journey much more intimate, sorry for your loss, but by all means Carry On

Welcome John, I'm sure carrying on in you brother in laws memory makes the journey much more intimate, sorry for your loss, but by all means Carry On
Thank you for the kind thoughts .....I hope I can learn to do his Strat justice..that's mainly why I joined BGU....