January 2022 Challenge - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young +

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Steve; you are coming along fast--and getting better everytime.- You take on songs that are not that easy to play. My hats off to you buddy.
I --Stills-- don't have one yet.....I had 4 favorites; "FWIW"--"Suite Judy Blue eyes"--"Love the one your with" and "Teach your children"---#2 I didn't even try it---way over my head---"Love the one your with" WAS my favorite till I tried doing it--(AXE)--I havn't had time to work with #4 yet
but I got a funny feeling that is a double bladed AXE I am using.:)

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
I finally found the time to throw some vocals on this track. For once...for better or worse...it's all me. Spent the first week trying to figure out how to put down the drum track. I learned a lot but this first attempt leaves quite a bit to be desired. My son-in-law was over this past weekend and showed me a much easier way to do the drum track, but I'm not about to go back and redo it all. I have been avoiding the vocals until today but finally had the house to my self, took a nice big shot of Gentleman Jack and went for it. Hopefully it is passable. I really considered leaving out the "Deeee-Vorrrr-Ceeee" part but just said screw it and left it in.

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - "Welfare Mothers"

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I finally found the time to throw some vocals on this track. For once...for better or worse...it's all me. Spent the first week trying to figure out how to put down the drum track. I learned a lot but this first attempt leaves quite a bit to be desired. My son-in-law was over this past weekend and showed me a much easier way to do the drum track, but I'm not about to go back and redo it all. I have been avoiding the vocals until today but finally had the house to my self, took a nice big shot of Gentleman Jack and went for it. Hopefully it is passable. I really considered leaving out the "Deeee-Vorrrr-Ceeee" part but just said screw it and left it in.

NICE!
(y)(y)(y)
Got it all work'n for ya....sounds good.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Two great ones, Steve! Also a BGU Challenge hat-trick for you - a Neil Young song by Bob Dylan (that's the current challenge plus the Dylan one) and CSNY Deja Vu cover of Joni Mitchell's song released in 1970 (which also clips the 18-year-old challenge for you, IIRC).:thumbup::thumbup:

And that's some beautiful rockin' all around, @Ted_Zeppelin! Screw it, you say? I say you Nailed it.:thumbup::thumbup:

BraylonJennings

It's all blues

I ve seen Neil a bunch and I think he's played this song as often as any of his tunes. No wonder, what a fun song to play. And that version is perfect, don't change a thing. And "divorcee" was the cherry on top. That killed.

sloslunas

NM Blues

Rock on brother! Keep that Gentleman Jack flowing...

Steve

D. R. Miller

Good News Blues

I am not familiar with that song but you did a great job on it. Would love to know some of the tips for drums.