January 2022 Challenge - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young +

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Here are the rules.
1. A song either written or performed by David Crosby, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash or Neil Young.
2. Doesn't have to be something performed by them as a group.
3. Can be something performed by any of the bands they played in prior to, during or after CSNY.
(i.e., Crosby solo. CPR or the Byrds. Stills, solo, Buffalo Springfield, Super Session, Manassas, Stills Young Band or The Rides. Nash, solo or The Hollies. Neil Young, solo, Buffalo Springfield, Crazy Horse.)

You may choose to follow these rules or make up your own!

Play on, ladies and gentlemen!

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
For what it's worth, given those rules, I do have a song in mind then.

Last edited:

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
My current plan is to try "Welfare Mothers" from the "Rust Never Sleeps" record. The main riff doesn't seem too difficult. No drum track that I can find, so I guess I will have to figure out how to put that together before I start. And then there is the singing...At least Neil allows for a little "leeway" in the vocal department:whistle::whistle::whistle:.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
I gotta choose a new song but figured I'd share this from the past. In 2015, I got together with some old friends that I played in a band with (Heavy Water)and we did a reunion gig. I trimmed this one song from that 40 min. set...and trimmed the song down from 10 minutes...LOL...

Neil Young with Pearl Jam..."Rockin' In the Free World"

sorry but the lousy video/audio but it's all I have...and yes, I'm the guy in the cowboy hat...later.

cowboy

Last edited:

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
I gotta choose a new song but figured I'd share this from the past. In 2015, I got together with some old college age guys I played in a band with (Heavy Water)and we did a reunion gig. I trimmed this one song from that 40 min. set...

sorry but the lousy video/audio but it's all I have...and yes, I'm the guy in the cowboy hat...later.

cowboy
Cowboy, link isn't working for me.
I've recorded lots of Neil songs and played a bunch more. I may share one or two, but I think for my submission, I'll work on a C, S, or N tune.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Li
I gotta choose a new song but figured I'd share this from the past. In 2015, I got together with some old friends that I played in a band with (Heavy Water)and we did a reunion gig. I trimmed this one song from that 40 min. set...and trimmed the song down from 10 minutes...LOL...

cowboy
Link don't work