JAMKAZAM

cs759

Blues Newbie
I've been preoccupied the last few weeks researching, buying and setting up a new 64bit pc (jamkazam say you need 64bit but the program seems to be 32bit as far as I can see), for the purpose of being able to start jamming some blues on jamkazam, but I can't even get the network test to work even after doing all their tweaks.

I'm beginning to doubt it will ever work for me. I don't think they've got it setup in such a way that it will work for everyone.

stringbreaker

Blues Newbie
I've been preoccupied the last few weeks researching, buying and setting up a new 64bit pc (jamkazam say you need 64bit but the program seems to be 32bit as far as I can see), for the purpose of being able to start jamming some blues on jamkazam, but I can't even get the network test to work even after doing all their tweaks.

I'm beginning to doubt it will ever work for me. I don't think they've got it setup in such a way that it will work for everyone.

Rod it looks like you are in the UK...that is a long way for the packets to swim.... ;D  Seriously, it might be too far for you because of the latency (time) it takes to get to the servers to test

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!

Rod, after  Mike and I both were able to get into a jam yesterday, I'm sure it is just a matter of time.  My latency was 19 msec.  The guy I connected with in Paris, France said his was ~8 msec.  The connection wasn't great but we could talk without a problem and played a song or two.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
That is impressive. What ISP and what UL/DL speeds do you have?

TimeWarner is my ISP. UL/DL speed depends on who you ask but I think i'm getting 49mbps down 5.75 up.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I just reconnected my UX2 and I was able to jam with:
New York
Oregon
Michigan
Israel
all at the same time with no latency problems.

I think we can put the 500 mile myth to  bed.

UX2, really?  Nice - their website states there are issues with Line 6 products and they don't work.

From the site: Line 6 Interfaces - This one hurts. Currently Line 6 interfaces don't work with JamKazam. We are actively investigating this and trying to figure out what's wrong. We definitely need to fix this if at all possible.

Don't know what to say. I just plugged it into my USB, loaded PodFarm and everything worked.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I'm not sure why but even though the session said I had Poor latency to the other players, it worked just fine. I'll try in a little while and we'll see if it works two days in a row.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
I'm not sure why but even though the session said I had Poor latency to the other players, it worked just fine. I'll try in a little while and we'll see if it works two days in a row.

Mike, I initially tried to just listen to the session.  It wouldn't work.  It said that the connection quality was unknown.  So,
I just tried to join it and voila, Paris, France on the line.  So cool.  Voice audio was good; but, the music quality was not so good.  But, neither he nor I really had any delay issues.

cs759

Blues Newbie
It's very encouraging that people are having some successful transatlantic jams. Lets hope they get the technical problems sorted soon.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
there is still a problem with my setup, I have audio artifacts, but what is really discouraging to me is that I tried again and there was only 4 active sessions that I could see (all with latency unknown). So really the service is not a "fins jamming partners at any time". Unless I have people that I know are using the system and I am actively involved with (e.g. a band, or a regular BGU members gathering, etc...), the system is not very useful and not worth investing in fixing my latency problems by buying a new interface or jamblaster (I have tried Mustang and UX2 interfaces, both allow me to limp along)

Rockybottom

Senior Bluesman
Always worth trying to connect no matter what it says.  Unknown will change once it has been tried and the system has something to base it on.

:)

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Jamkazam rocks, I been playing with ppl all over the world...up can buy jam tracks and slow them down, mute any part etc.

I love it just buy a good interface, I use my eleven rack for my interface...

How do you have your Eleven Rack set up for JamKazam? Most reports I've seen about 11R complain about outrageous latency. Mine shows 85.5 milliseconds, which is unacceptable for online jamming.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
I need a new Digital Interface before I try Jamakazam again. It turns out the Line6 model I have is "not recommended" with their software.
I'll give it a try again some day, I least I have multiple opportunities to play with "real people" every week. I would just be cool to play with some of you guys.

Eddie Anderson

Blues Newbie
Been using Jamkazam for a While and it works really good. They have their own Interface coming out called the "Jamblaster" that will keep latency really low.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Just curious... How many members are still using JamKazam? I haven't been on it in nearly a year. Since the last post was 10 months ago, I'm just curious. Updates? Quality?