JAMKAZAM

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Got it working. I had to order a new inexpensive interface, the Beheringer UM2. It was $49, and listed on the JamKazam forums as supported.

I found MikeS and Papa and sent friend requests, but I can't stringbreaker or anyone else.

If I do a search for "BGU" I can only find 2 bands that MikeS setup, and a BGU in the UK...

Maybe a good sticky post would a directory of BGU people's names.

Sounds like you are getting there Dan.  I'm going to have to give it another try.  I have a TascamUS-125M.  It got me into Jamkazam, but I didn't hook up with anybody.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I got the email from JamKazam.  I'll do the acceptance tonight, when I get home.  In order to accept, I have to sign in and I don't have the app installed on any of my computers at work.

stringbreaker

Blues Newbie
Got it working. I had to order a new inexpensive interface, the Beheringer UM2. It was $49, and listed on the JamKazam forums as supported.

I found MikeS and Papa and sent friend requests, but I can't stringbreaker or anyone else.

If I do a search for "BGU" I can only find 2 bands that MikeS setup, and a BGU in the UK...

Dan I am under my own name there Michael Kirby

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member

Dan, I don't think I see the request.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!

I have now gotten up and running on Jamkazam.  I have looked up several of you and found your names registered.  I was able to listen to some band at an undisclosed location.
MikeS,  what bands do you have listed.  Also, Michael (Stringbreaker), can you update you groups and when you meet so I can look you up.
It would be could to have a dedicated place for this topic as it seems to be growing.
Also, does anybody know the price of the Jam Blaster is once it is released?

stringbreaker

Blues Newbie

I have now gotten up and running on Jamkazam.  I have looked up several of you and found your names registered.  I was able to listen to some band at an undisclosed location.
MikeS,  what bands do you have listed.  Also, Michael (Stringbreaker), can you update you groups and when you meet so I can look you up.
It would be could to have a dedicated place for this topic as it seems to be growing.

We will be having a 12 Bar Blues basic on Tuesday at 7:30pm EST

In the near future, Iwill be hosting ones specifically for BGU people so we can discuss and play the songs.

The Jam Blaster is 199

Midnight

BGU Live 2015 and Vegas Pre-Jam Survivor.
Great!

Is there a way for participants to talk to one another?

Am travelling without access to a computer but curious.

Thanks

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!

In the near future, Iwill be hosting ones specifically for BGU people so we can discuss and play the songs.

The Jam Blaster is 199

Thanks Michael.  I may be too far distant to participate; but, I hope to be watching.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Dang! I have a gig tomorrow night so I won't be able to join.
I finally got a good connection today and spoke with a BGUer (Edward Anderson) in Florida.
I'm hoping my Group J brothers have some good luck getting connected.
I created a session, but haven't set a time for it yet.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member

The Jam Blaster is 199

Thanks Michael.  I may be too far distant to participate; but, I hope to be watching.

Did you guys see the Jamblaster 4-pack for $600?  Maybe we should get together on a joint purchase?

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!

The Jam Blaster is 199

Did you guys see the Jamblaster 4-pack for $600?  Maybe we should get together on a joint purchase?

I saw that Mike.  I just got off from attempting to watch Stringbreaker's (Michael) session.  It wasn't successful.
I would be interested in joining you if we can get 2 more.  I would really like this to work even if it take months.

JN99

Hang Fire
I've got a Line 6 UX1 so out of luck for the moment but not exactly clamoring to buy another interface based on what looks to be the struggles for most to use the service.

I'm definitely not ready to jump in on a $200 proprietary device.  Also, not exactly sure how practical the jamblaster would be to use given it has to be hard connected.  Again for me I'm out of luck, my router isn't anywhere near any of my PCs and I really don't quite understand this works i.e. how you play through the jamblaster if it's connected directly to your network and not to a pc.

dan5150

Shredding the Blues
The Jamblaster, is basically an interface with a CPU running a customized version of Linux. You use a separate tablet or computer to control it via a web interface.

The big advantage is that they can control the quality of the interface as well as the signal routing via the OS. In an effort to control audio latency.

Yes, at this early stage there are challenges, with Audio and network latency being the biggest IMHO, but the upside is HUGE. I am excited for the potential so have no problem spending $49 on a new interface to use it now, as well as $199 for the JamBlaster when they come out.

I kind of view this similar to when xbox live first launched. My friends and I used to plan evenings where we would all log on from our living rooms after the family had gone to bed, and play Rainbow Six together. It was a blast.

Fast forward 15 years or so, and now I can do something similar but this time, playing my guitar with others.   

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I the Jamblaster came with a money back guarantee, I'd probably get one.

When they announced the $600 deal, they hit the nail on the head when they said something like:

'People that have had trouble getting the site to work are skeptical and reluctant to lay own $200 on something unproven.'

That said, I might be interested in kicking in for one of the "4 for $600" units.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I just reconnected my UX2 and I was able to jam with:
New York
Oregon
Michigan
Israel
all at the same time with no latency problems.

I think we can put the 500 mile myth to  bed.

JN99

Hang Fire
I just reconnected my UX2 and I was able to jam with:
New York
Oregon
Michigan
Israel
all at the same time with no latency problems.

I think we can put the 500 mile myth to  bed.

UX2, really?  Nice - their website states there are issues with Line 6 products and they don't work.

From the site: Line 6 Interfaces - This one hurts. Currently Line 6 interfaces don't work with JamKazam. We are actively investigating this and trying to figure out what's wrong. We definitely need to fix this if at all possible.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
I just got off Jamakazam and jammed with Eric in Paris, France and Fred in New Jersey!  Can you believe it.  It wasn't real pretty, but we did make some music.
It was funny.  I wasn't able to listen in.  But, when I joined the session, the connection was made.