Jam Track Requests

dan5150

Shredding the Blues
+ 1 for classic rock. Something like “All right now” (sweet solo progression in the middle).
Also something that is in a major key to help force me out of box 1!

jmallard

Mostly Confused
What a nice offer :)
From 1956, Bill Doggett - Honky Tonk - Part 1. Except, please in the key of "E",
NOT "F".

Thanks.

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
Spoonful- any version

Soulshine- already mentioned a few times but a great song I just heard recently. Don't know how I missed it this long.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Joe Bonamassa version of the Tom Waits song Jockey Full Of Bourbon Em

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
As far as general blues backing tracks, there seems to be a lack of tracks that are longer in length.
12 bar's with or without a quick change, or 8 bar's that are 8-10 minutes in length are great for just relaxing and
playing. However, I'm sure they are no fun to make.

Elwood

Blues
Hey Dr. If you have a DAW you can stretch any track out as long as you want. Paparaptor did some tutorial work on this for Studio one but the concept is transferable to whatever DAW you use. You could stretch a mile, or find a section of 12 to whatever bars and loop it also.
Just other ways to help the feline out of that warm fuzzy coat. ;)

FYI
Studio One - Son of Extending a Jam Track (Updated)
Discussion in 'Recording Tips and Tricks' started by PapaRaptor, Sep 28, 2020.

I don't know how to link you up but you can see where it is :)

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Is there really much difference? LOL

Bongos =
monkey-playing-the-bongo-drums-s-p_1_290789a87688f07a48da2427f82bce0b.jpg

Congas = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_U8MVd6zSc

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Hey Dr. If you have a DAW you can stretch any track out as long as you want. Paparaptor did some tutorial work on this for Studio one but the concept is transferable to whatever DAW you use. You could stretch a mile, or find a section of 12 to whatever bars and loop it also.
Just other ways to help the feline out of that warm fuzzy coat. ;)

FYI
Studio One - Son of Extending a Jam Track (Updated)
Discussion in 'Recording Tips and Tricks' started by PapaRaptor, Sep 28, 2020.

I don't know how to link you up but you can see where it is :)

Thank you Elwood! I hadn't thought about actually creating my own....I'll check it out. Much appreciated!

Dan D.

Blues Newbie
As you've undoubtedly figured out, a lot of the jam tracks I create are very much in the style of common jam tunes...

Some are very standard blues, of course, but it is often the case that I try to copy the style and feel of a popular recording.

It's been a while since I've done any new jam tracks, and I'm itching... so this is your chance to put in your requests for a particular style or song that you'd like to jam with.

Similarly, if you want something that is standard, but just something I haven't made, list that too. For example, let's say you want a jam track that has a quick change and ii-V for bars 9 and 10... but you can't find it.

Or maybe there's one that you need, but the ones I have are in the wrong key... tell me the right key and maybe I can recreate that in the key you need.

Oh, and it doesn't have to be blues, I'm down for classic rock type stuff too.

Got it? Good!

IN MEMORY OF ELIZABETH REED