It has arrived!!

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
Friday afternoon...4pm. Time to leave the office for the weekend. Even though I am sure my SWS order hasn't arrived yet I track the shipment just for grins. What!! Order has been delivered??!! Awesome.

I'm 52 years old but suddenly I become 12 again knowing I have something in the mail at home waiting for me. I try not to break any laws driving the 40 minute commute home. Traffic seems worse today for some reason. I pull in my driveway get out of my truck and walk to the mailbox. There it is...among all the bills and the junk mail, that ugly light brown envelope with GHB Production on the label...Soloing Without Scales!

As I walk the package in the house the priorities of life interupt my excitement. The wife..."Hey baby, how was your day?" I say to her. She is not feeling well. The result of taking care of my youngest son who had the flu earlier in the week. The youngest son (13)...just arriving home from his friends house, now feeling better. The oldest son (18)...getting ready to go out with his girlfriend. I set the package down as my excitement gets put on hold.

As the typical Friday evening craziness is happening all around me, the package is staring at me from the table like those little eyes from the Geico commercials. I can't stand it. The oldest son and his girlfriend leave for the evening, the youngest son heads off to play video games and the wife decides she want's to watch a movie. OK...not a problem, I'm a patient man. Three hours later the youngest son is asleep, the oldest boy is at the movies and the wife suddenly has a burst of energy and wants to watch the Jimmy Fallon Rolling Stones Exile premier. OK...I got time for that one!

It's 1am. The wife finally goes to bed. Youngest boy asleep for the night and the oldest boy decides to stay at his girlfriends house for the night. Cool...finally my time. I open the elusive package. The dark blue DVD box and the dark blue manual look amazing as does the dark blue 7 string guitar on the cover. I open the cover of the manual, grab my guitar and start playing. Next thing I know it's 2:30am. Where does the time go? Better get some sleep.

It is now 9:30am Saturday morning. Rain is coming down hard and is supposed to keep coming down all day. Perfect day to play blues.

Thanks Griff... :cool:

Steve_M

Blues Newbie
Great story Wildwood and I wonder how many others have a similar tale to tell  ;D

I sent off for my copy last Tuesday (Express International Shipping) and I tracked it until it left Chicago (for London I guess) on Thursday.

Now .....????? Who knows as I can no longer track it - but it is probably stuck in a post office basket/trolley somewhere. But no matter -  as with a bit of luck and a following wind I should have it this coming week.
Fingers crossed ;) ;)

Cheers

Steve

M

mbaribe

Great story.. Sounds like me, mine arriver today.. I was waiting by my mail box for the post man to arrive. I had my guitar in hand 5 minutes after it arrived. 

Thanks Griff

B

b0b_b4rk3r

Hey guys...that's great.... :cool:

Hey wildwood...I know the feeling well.....the excitement and anticipation of something new arriving.....what a great feeling... :)

I've had a quick look at mine...but I'm resisting temptation as I have a few BGU things I want to tie off first before diving into this one.......man it's tough though.... ;)

Anyhow....enjoy the course.....looking forward to hearing you guys posting your progress... ;)

Bob

D

devere_woods@yahoo.com

Great story Wildwood. I'm still laughing. My SWS arrived Saturday, but like Bob, I need to finish BBG first. Enjoy! [smiley=beer.gif]

L

Lame_Pinky

Got  mine last week but other than a quick look through it haven't done anything with it.Still working on solo # 2 & the original 4 note solo which I finally got around to doing after all this time.Thats a fun solo btw & should not be overlooked I don't think.
As Master Po said to his young student " A patient man catches more fish ,Grasshopper " or something like that Grasshopper didn't understand him either !

LP

TonyS

Blues Newbie
Just ordered mine so looking forward to it hitting the mat.....or at least landing gently on the mat.  Heck, the postie can even knock on the door and hand it over if he wants.  To be honest that is what he will have to do as my letter box will be too small for the package.  Anyway, suffice to say, can't wait to get it.

J

JohnDoe

I rcv'd a copy os SWS two days ago and I have a few questions:

How do I stop the bleeding??

When will the pain stop?? ;D

Will 80 grit sandpaper speed up the procees??
;D

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Slewfoot, bleeding = blues
              pain = blues
              sandpaper = carpenter work

Just kidding. Stay with it and as Griff says don't stop as this is a process you have to work through. Look at me; after a week of this I can almost type again. ;)

TonyS

Blues Newbie
Well, back from a little golf this morning and there it was.  A little box all the way from the USA.  This could only mean one thing.  SWS had arrived.  The box was open before I got my coat off.  Now the fun begins.  I thought I would drop you all a quick not to say it's here before I start looking through it because once I start I ain't gonna be online for the rest of the day.  Have fun guys and gals...because I am about to.

I

ironhead

Well, as a total newbie to Griff's World, I ordered BBG, BGU and Sw/oS courses within a couple of days of each other. And, what a surprise to get all three delivered the same day!!  Who says Xmas doesn't come in June! LOL!!  Packages were (kind of carefully) ripped open, started with BGG CD/book and away I went!! 

Yeah, baby!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
That's great Ironhead. You are in for a fun ride. No reason not to tuck into SWS too while you are at it. If you are new to guitar, I give myself a little time before I jumped into BGU.