Is It Worth it?

Sheldrake9er

Blues Newbie
Hi All,
I already have, among other things, Blues Guitar Unleashed, 5 Easy Blues Solos, 5 More Easy Blues Solos, Killer Blues Solo, Building a Better Blues Solo, 29 Blues Jam Tracks, 50 Ultimate Jamtracks, Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed. So my question - is it worth the money for me to buy Blues Gig In A Box? The same question applies to Soloing Without Scales.
Regards
JH

L

LynnLaFrance

Hi All,
I already have, among other things, Blues Guitar Unleashed, 5 Easy Blues Solos, 5 More Easy Blues Solos, Killer Blues Solo, Building a Better Blues Solo, 29 Blues Jam Tracks, 50 Ultimate Jamtracks, Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed. So my question - is it worth the money for me to buy Blues Gig In A Box? The same question applies to Soloing Without Scales.
Regards
JH

Is it worth it.  In a word - YES.  Will you be able to get to it - who knows.  I'm in the same boat.  I have several of Griff's courses and some still in the shrink wrap.

And since Griff is running a big sale right now you would be able to save some money.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Well JH I'm in the same boat, had all the courses available then out comes another, do I buy it, you bet your butt I do, and why, because they are so darn good and one day I'll retire and I can set too and do them justice.  :)

blbarth

Blues Newbie
IMHO, absolutely yes.  I have mostly finished BGU, with some of the solos not quite at 100% speed.  I also still need to solidify everything in the course.  I am also working on BBBS and have gotten mostly through part 2, with also some of the pieces not at 100% speed.  I am currently working on the first song in Blues Gig in a Box and can honestly say it is complementing everything else and helping me to understand the whole of a blues song.

I get bored (and sore fingers) if I only work on one thing and feel that working on something else makes the first thing better anyway.

So my $0.02?  Buy it.  It's the best course so far!

Hope this helps.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Absolutely.  It's not one you have to go straight through. Pick a song to work on while working on other courses.  They are great.

ArtDonn84

JAM FOR THE LAMB
I would also tell you that I have purchased all but two of Griff's DVD courses and some as well are still in the shrink wrap.  That said, I have found that in those I have opened, I will always gain and learn more than I had before.  He is also giving you a 365 day return if you don't like it.  Can't get any better than that and as one before so stated; Griff is always giving discounts to returning students. and they are often generous discounts. 

bpschumacher

Blues Newbie
First let me qualify my experience, I have been playing for guitar about 5 years, I have several of Griffs courses as well as may other courses from other instructors as well. I practice guitar everyday and I am a weekend worrier drummer with about 40 years experience.

I recently purchased BGIAB and at the time questioned the cost. So here is my opinion. BGIAB is not an entry level class. I would have a hard time if I had to struggle with chords, scales, timing, ect. because there is so much information and its a big elephant one bite at a time. I have completed one of the songs "I Believe", rough draft at tempo. Took about 5 weeks. I have taken several riffs from "I Believe" and incorporated into some of my BLAH classic rock solos and really dressed them up. This week I started "Down at the Depot"  BGIAB gives you everything, it truly prepares you for just about any Blues sit-in rhythm and lead and gives you really a great foundation for building great solos. Yup its cost a bit but worth every penny and then some. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BGIAB!    :cool: I've  just scratched the surface with all that BGIAB has to offer! I'll never really finish studying it.  Thanks Griff 

Ramirel_2002

Blues Newbie
Absolutely 100% YES!!!!!

BGIAB is one of the best courses that Griff has issue, ( I can't wait for the second part)

Go and invest confident in your Blues playing!

All the best :cool:

surfersam

Blues Newbie
Well having read some of these posts it's given me a little more confidence to buy it. I find that in my blues guitar learning experience, I am just learning bits of things and feel that it would be nice to have a few full songs under my belt.