Impulse Response...

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
-> JN99...I think the rabbit hole just became the elephant hole...o_O...thanks....got them all downloaded and thinking of creating just one file with the ones I'd use the most...sometimes less is better...thanks again...later.

cowboy

for those of you that downloaded "Pulse"...this is good video explaining how to use it...not my music choice but informative...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsPvJSEdS3U

Last edited:

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
-> JN99...I think the rabbit hole just became the elephant hole...o_O...thanks....got them all downloaded and thinking of creating just one file with the ones I'd use the most...sometimes less is better...thanks again...later.

cowboy

for those of you that downloaded "Pulse"...this is good video explaining how to use it...not my music choice but informative...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsPvJSEdS3U
For me less is definitely more. I've learned I like Greenbacks (M style) or Vintage 30s for dirty tones and my G12-65s for the Two-Rock stuff (though Greenbacks will do just fine too.) So I have a few "goto" impulses that I use for darn near everything.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
For me less is definitely more. I've learned I like Greenbacks (M style) or Vintage 30s for dirty tones and my G12-65s for the Two-Rock stuff (though Greenbacks will do just fine too.) So I have a few "goto" impulses that I use for darn near everything.

I've realized that, when I'm doinking around with the Bias Mini, the Vintage 30 usually ends up being what I use. Probably doesn't hurt I have the real thing in my little Carvin 1x12 cab and I've come to like that tone a lot. Most all I play right now is folksy stuff with a bit of hair for filler; when I diversify more I expect I'll want at least a couple other go-to IRs.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Actually, I'm still on 3. I haven't gone for the upgrade though they keep trying. I think I have the "artist" level, but if you have to get an add-on to version 4 to run VSTs, I'll pass - that's super lame. VST plugins have been the standard for a decade or more. If they're pulling a Pro Tools and requiring some other format I'll have an issue with that.

I use VST plugins with S1-3 all the time without an incident, but at the moment I don't have a "guinea pig" to try installing anything new and I don't install anything on my work computer unless I absolutely need it because I can't afford to have it down.

I'm really surprised that Pulse keeps crashing so much, but I guess you get what you pay for (since you don't :)
They want $50 to upgrade from 3 to 4. I mistakenly bought two upgrades. let me know if you want one.