Impulse Response...

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
So it seems you need pulse AND 1 or more IR files...?

It all sounds very interestink!

WOW... The posts are coming into this thread so quickly it's almost like IMs! ;-)

I am not a recording person by any means though I hope to be one day. I recall going from Audacity to Reaper because I was unable to get EZDrummer to function with Audacity...

OK after I hit reply I'll catch the new posts!! ;-)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
OK, I MUST be doing something wrong. I tried doing an A/B of one of the Marshalls and a Fender Champ and they sound the same.
There IS a difference between something recorded into Audacity with no IR applied and after applying the built in Pulse IR, but I would have expected there to be a MASSIVE difference between the Marshall and the Fender, but I can't hear any difference at all.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
OK, I MUST be doing something wrong. I tried doing an A/B of one of the Marshalls and a Fender Champ and they sound the same.
There IS a difference between something recorded into Audacity with no IR applied and after applying the built in Pulse IR, but I would have expected there to be a MASSIVE difference between the Marshall and the Fender, but I can't hear any difference at all.

You are right...there should be a huge difference...'m gonna do a trial run later this morning and post results...Iet's tie out on this...later.

cowboy

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
Mike...try the Fender Champ but using different mics and locations...ex: try the 57 mic up close on the grill and just off center on the cone...then try a 47 mic 3 inches off the grill and placement on the cone... also should depend on what amp or simulation you are using...

I'm still transferring files...will be testing later today...got family here for a while...later.

cowboy

call me if you want..

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
ANyone know if there is a help file for the Lancaster Audio Pulse loader? I'm truing to find out the difference between the "Pulse" and "Ext IR" buttons. Is it with the Pulse button on you get the Generic Pulse IR and with the Ext IR you get what ever you load in the window below?

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Is it with the Pulse button on you get the Generic Pulse IR and with the Ext IR you get what ever you load in the window below?
I haven't looked for a help file, but I believe your statement is correct. When the Pulse is selected, the list of files in the folder window dim, slightly. I also think the Pulse is the only thing that the controls at the bottom of the loader will affect.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Has anyone installed the Pulse loader into Presonus Studio One?
Lloyd's instructions to drop the dll into the plug in folder for Audacity worked, but I don't see a plug in folder in Studio One.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
ANyone know if there is a help file for the Lancaster Audio Pulse loader? I'm truing to find out the difference between the "Pulse" and "Ext IR" buttons. Is it with the Pulse button on you get the Generic Pulse IR and with the Ext IR you get what ever you load in the window below?

FWIW this looks like a fairly informative video about using it.

EDIT: D'oh! Methinks it's the same video @JestMe already posted. Oops. :oops:

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Has anyone installed the Pulse loader into Presonus Studio One?
Lloyd's instructions to drop the dll into the plug in folder for Audacity worked, but I don't see a plug in folder in Studio One.

@cowboy mentioned he didn't see a way. I spent a little time yesterday looking for any documentation on Studio One Artist. All the directions I saw showed adding to Studio One (not Artist). I read in several other places that if you have S-One Artist, you will need to upgrade to a 'full' version of Studio One in order to add it. If there is a hack or a way to do it in Artist, Google doesn't appear to know about it.