If you could only have one guitar

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Without question, my PRS Pauls. The one in my profile pic. (Ok some question. Maybe some others close.) But play-ability, tone, versatility with coil tapping, just everything about it.

Ditto to PRS Paul's Guitar (only difference is that mine is an SE) and for the same reasons. It's the most playable and versatile guitar I own.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
You are giving me mental lock-jaw. No way can I make this decision. No way.
composite.jpg
But if you tortured me for days, it would most likely be my MIM Strat which is no longer MIM because the only thing left that was MIM is its body. And no, you can't buy one even remotely like it or remotely close to it, so knowing that will do you no good. http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/for...k-4-speed-tranny-and-a-3-speed-rear-end.7707/

Full Pic.jpg

IMG_0495.JPG

eunajfh83683qvo6qbpg_wdp.jpg

Last edited:

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
As much as I like my PRS SE Pauls guitar at this point my PRS Santana SE single cut probably would win. I have a several more expensive really nice Gibsons that I will never give up but I'm just not playing them consistently the Santana just feels so good ...

BigMike

Blues Oldie
This thread is justifying what I said in another thread about my recently acquired PRS SE, they are just bloody awesome guitars. I have a strat and a les Paul, but at the moment the PRS is winning hands down. Having said that I ain't parting with any of them :D

GeeDub

Mojo Seeker
Rancid,

I like your collection, including rifles on display. :Beer: Looks like a Marlin on far right and Winchester in the middle, but I could be wrong. Ironic I was just this morning looking at a deal on a Marlin .45-70 government.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Rancid,

I like your collection, including rifles on display. :Beer: Looks like a Marlin on far right and Winchester in the middle, but I could be wrong. Ironic I was just this morning looking at a deal on a Marlin .45-70 government.
Wrong on both counts. The one on the far right is a Uberti 1873 44 Special and the one in the middle is a Rossi Puma model 92 44 magnum. Both are sweet shooters, both slicked up by one of the best Cowboy Action smiths in the country. That Puma will hurt you a little with full-house 44 mags but is a joy to shoot with 44 Special for Cowboy Action shooting. The far left is my Russian Baikal 12 gauge coach gun ... built like a tank and a real hoot to shoot. The little derringer is my Bond Arms 45 Colt.

Better have your eyeglasses bolted to your head before touching off any .45-70 lever gun or you will watch them flying over the front sight. And have a sling ready for your right arm. :);)

SASS GUNS.jpg

CaptOblivious

Blues Junior
My wife's Martin HD28 for a few reasons

1. I like to eat
2. She can really play it (folk, americana and Irish stuff) and it is nice to have at least one decent player in the house and it really sounds great
3. It's a righty and being a lefty I have to punish myself for getting rid of mine:(

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
My wife's Martin HD28 for a few reasons

1. I like to eat
2. She can really play it (folk, americana and Irish stuff) and it is nice to have at least one decent player in the house and it really sounds great
3. It's a righty and being a lefty I have to punish myself for getting rid of mine:(

Good call, Captain. Nothing beats a good steel-string dreadnought. My Maton has been with me since '72 and even if I had a room-full of guitars, that one is my choice. No need for amps, cords, pedals or anything else, it's an all-inclusive fun machine.

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
Horrible thought exercise. Would depend on whether I had access to amplification or not. If I did, I'd choose my Gibson ES-335. If not, my Taylor 315ce.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I think I narrowed it down to one of these.
chaos-dm.jpg