I Got the Blue references

rick_barclay

Blues Newbie
Hi, all. Very curious about something. In his intro to this lesson, Griff mentions Key to the Highway as a basis
for I Got the Blues. I found a couple of Clapton renditions of "Key" on YouTube that work really well as relatives to
I Got the Blues. Very good so far.

But in his intro Griff also mentions two other references: (1) Slow Down and (2) Weird Life Blues as models for I
Got the Blues. However, my Google search for these two songs came up empty, so I was wondering if anyone
here can help me find one or the other of these songs that Griff mentions.

I'm done with the IGtB lesson and would like to view or listen to other artists performing Slow Down and Weird Life Blues so I can get an expanded take on the song. Performing artist names would be very helpful in this
regard, as those that came up in Google have no similarity to Key to the Highway or I Got the Blues. Thanks
a bunch for any help and direction.

markna

Blues Newbie
Hi, all. Very curious about something. In his intro to this lesson, Griff mentions Key to the Highway as a basis
for I Got the Blues. I found a couple of Clapton renditions of "Key" on YouTube that work really well as relatives to
I Got the Blues. Very good so far.

But in his intro Griff also mentions two other references: (1) Slow Down and (2) Weird Life Blues as models for I
Got the Blues. However, my Google search for these two songs came up empty, so I was wondering if anyone
here can help me find one or the other of these songs that Griff mentions.

I'm done with the IGtB lesson and would like to view or listen to other artists performing Slow Down and Weird Life Blues so I can get an expanded take on the song. Performing artist names would be very helpful in this
regard, as those that came up in Google have no similarity to Key to the Highway or I Got the Blues. Thanks
a bunch for any help and direction.
I don't have the course but I~ think the second one is probably Worried Life Blues.
There's a versionof it by BB king and Eric Clapton on Riding with the king.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Slow Down and Weird Life Blues, may be names of jam tracks Griff did with his band, all the titles have similar names or references to songs they might resemble

rick_barclay

Blues Newbie
I don't have the course but I~ think the second one is probably Worried Life Blues.
There's a versionof it by BB king and Eric Clapton on Riding with the king.
Thanks, markna. I do believe that's the song I'm looking for. Saw it on YouTube. I think Griff once posted a list of blues songs for us to appreciate, which I printed out and put some place where, of course, its become lost. Oh, well, hopefully it'll turn up again. Be good.